Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

Rathmun

Old April 1st, 2009, 01:27 PM
I'm having trouble properly implementing the fourth dot of Courtoisie. the editor will only allow a diepool that consists of attribute+skill+discipline. But I need Resolve + composure + courtoisie. That's attribute + attribute + discipline.

Anyone know how to do this?
Rathmun is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 2nd, 2009, 04:12 PM
I believe that you can solve this, but you can't use the Editor for it. The Editor is limited in the way it behaves, resulting in you having to pick one attribute and one skill. However, the inner workings simply require that you select two "roll sources". There is no requirement internally that one must be a attribute and the other a skill - at least, not that I'm aware of.

Create the discipline normally using the Editor. Pick any skill as a placeholder for the second attribute. Then open the data file within a text editor and locate the discipline level. You should see two tags assigned with the tag group "RollSource" - one for the attribute and the other for the skill. Manually change the skill tag to the appropriate attribute tag. Save your change and reload. The discipline should now be derived properly from both attributes.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote