Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeaOtter

Old January 11th, 2007, 10:33 AM
After Purchasing the full product and inputing my current character, I have come accross a few things that need to be added/changed.

1: add the ability to create additional spells to the spell lists. the spells in pHB are just a small fraction available.

2: add the ability to create magic items. again the ones given are the most common but a few in the dmg are not on your lists. {Quiver of Ehlonna and Hewards handy haversack} plus any other items found in other source material.

3. ability to add feats that will modify stats/skills/abilities. currently the editing tools do not save any changes to the built in feats so we can not test adding/creating our own.
SeaOtter is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
subfunk

Old January 11th, 2007, 12:55 PM
SeaOtter,

Quote:
1: add the ability to create additional spells to the spell lists. the spells in pHB are just a small fraction available.
Did you check the editor? If you open the editor, click on the "SPELLS" tab, you can add what you want.

Quote:
2: add the ability to create magic items. again the ones given are the most common but a few in the dmg are not on your lists. {Quiver of Ehlonna and Hewards handy haversack} plus any other items found in other source material.
The Handy Haversack can be found under the "MAGIC" tab on the character sheet. As to adding more stuff, I agree and hope we see a tab at some point.

Quote:
3. ability to add feats that will modify stats/skills/abilities. currently the editing tools do not save any changes to the built in feats so we can not test adding/creating our own.
I've almost completed adding all the BoED feats and quite a few do these things (alter stats, add AC, add to skills, etc.). I've never tried to alter an existing feat, but creating your own or copying an existing feat and modifying it is supported.

Cheers!

Subfunk
subfunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 12th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Items #1 and #2 are currently being worked on. We'll be releasing a new update with editing of classes shortly. Then a subsequent update will include adding custom magic items.

You currently CAN add your own feats that modify stats, skills, etc. This capability was added in V1.0c. Have you tried using the editing mechanisms that are included? If you are using those mechanisms, please explain in more detail what you are doing, since there must be something unclear in the docs that is causing confusion. If you outline what you're doing, I'll hopefully be able to spot the problem and point you in the right direction.

Thanks, Rob

At 11:33 AM 1/11/2007, you wrote:

Quote:
After Purchasing the full product and inputing my current character, I have come accross a few things that need to be added/changed.

rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote