Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

catman123456

Old September 17th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Thanks Boomer. I added a number and it worked.
catman123456 is offline   #291
blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 18th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerET View Post
For the tome of horrors error, it gives you the filename and line that's causing the problems.

Comment out: <thing id="xImmRust"

Making sure you comment out the entire 'thing' definition for xImmRust.

Working fine for me with that one change.

BoomerET
What do you mean by "comment out?"
blzbob is offline   #292
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old September 18th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Add a <!-- before
<thing id="xImmRust" name="Immune to Rust" description="Immune to rusting effects." compset="Ability" uniqueness="unique">

Add a --> after </thing> 4 lines down, so the whole section for xImmRust looks like this:

<!--
<thing id="xImmRust" name="Immune to Rust" description="Immune to rusting effects." compset="Ability" uniqueness="unique">
<fieldval field="shortname" value="rust"/>
<tag group="SpecType" tag="Immune" name="Immunity" abbrev="Immunity"/>
<tag group="Helper" tag="ShowSpec" name="ShowSpec" abbrev="ShowSpec"/>
</thing>
-->

BoomerET
BoomerET is offline   #293
ShadowChemosh

Old September 18th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Um wanted to point out that Community Bugs should be reported in the community threads and not to Lone Wolf. LW can't fix these.

So if people could keep the reports to either d20pfsrd Data Sets - Powered by Hero Lab.... or "Pathfinder Community Data Sets...." I would be very appreciative as its allot easier to track. Thanks all.

A fix will be forth coming as usual but I only found out about v7.0 at 2am this morning and not allot I can do about it until I get home tonight purchase UE and check things out. As usual though I try and get one out as soon as I can.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #294
Cullyn

Send a message via AIM to Cullyn Send a message via Yahoo to Cullyn

Old September 18th, 2012, 11:15 AM
You knew it had to happen. With the new 7.0 Pathfinder files and the Community Bestiary loaded I get the following message when Hero Lab attempts to compile the Pathfinder files.

Quote:
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: PFRPG_Tome_of_Horrors_frumple.user (line 2656) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('xImmRust')
Even worse, when I let it finish loading and I attempt to load one of the .POR files from the new Adventure Path (Shards of Sin, the A10 file), I get the following:

Quote:
Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_load_i ssues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Pick 'abDamRdMSB' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '61'
Pick 'abDamRsDiv' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '62'
Pick 'xDamRdCldM' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '405'
Pick 'xS2DRBlMa' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '440'
Pick 'xS2DRGoPi' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '441'
Such are the joys of updates.

Last edited by Cullyn; September 18th, 2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Updated information
Cullyn is offline   #295
ShadowChemosh

Old September 18th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullyn View Post
You knew it had to happen. With the new 7.0 Pathfinder files and the Community Bestiary loaded I get the following message when Hero Lab attempts to compile the Pathfinder files.

Even worse, when I let it finish loading and I attempt to load one of the .POR files from the new Adventure Path (Shards of Sin, the A10 file), I get the following:
Thanks Cullyn for the report. I found out about this at 2am this morning and nothing I could do at that time. I will be working on fixing this tonight when I get home from work.

Just an FYI once you get the first Error message on Pathfinder load HL has gone into "Safe Mode" so nothing in the .user files get loaded. So yea the .por files have no chance of working then.

Yes something usually break on a these "Bigger" releases like UE and stuff. Just too much stuff is added/changed for something not to go bad.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #296
Sendric

Old September 18th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullyn View Post

If there's an error loading the user content, then none of it will load, hence all the errors for the portfolio. Or in other words, because of the duplicate thing error, your HL is running as if there is no Community Bestiary on your PC. I'm sure Shadow will have a fix for this soon enough (no pressure, Shadow).

Edit: Ninja'd.
Sendric is online now   #297
Cullyn

Send a message via AIM to Cullyn Send a message via Yahoo to Cullyn

Old September 18th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah, no worries. Just doing my duty to report. I appreciate you guys fixing it like ya do.
Cullyn is offline   #298
JolarEQ

Old September 18th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Added "Weapon Order" that allows you to change the display order of weapons both in HL and a printed character sheet. Please read the detailed help on the adjustment for how this works. What you are doing is setting the Priority of the weapon in the list to a value of 1 to 10. The default value is zero so a weapon set to 1 will display before all the zero priority weapons. A weapon set to 2 is displayed before all the priority 1 and 0 weapon in the list etc etc...
Ok, let me just start off by saying "Yay!" for this! I hated having things not in a specific order!

Now, I have a request for you, if this can be done. Also, if it is already doable, and I just don't know how, if someone could tell me, I'd be much appreciative! I am carrying quite a few weapons, mostly loot that we plan on selling at some point. But, since I'm the big strong fighter, I'm the one that has all the strength to carry everything. However, all those weapons show up on my sheet, even though I don't use them. Is there a way to hide items, so they don't show up on my sheet? I put them in Hero Lab, so that I know I have them, and show that they affect my weight and such, but if they could be hidden in some way, or marked so they show up somewhere else, that would be great. They don't have to be hidden in Hero Lab, just when my sheet is printed out.

I know I could manually enter them under Gear, but then I'd have to create a new entry for each one, instead of just adding through weapons, which is easier and quicker, since they're there.

Anyway, if this is possible, please let me know! It's nothing major, obviously, I just don't want all these weapons I don't use to show up as weapons, taking up all that space. Thanks!
JolarEQ is offline   #299
ShadowChemosh

Old September 18th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JolarEQ View Post
Anyway, if this is possible, please let me know! It's nothing major, obviously, I just don't want all these weapons I don't use to show up as weapons, taking up all that space. Thanks!
First glad people like my addon.

Nothing obvious comes to mind to not have the weapons sent to the character sheet. Also nothing quick comes to mind for a new adjustment that can do that either.

In good news "AncientOne's Custom Pathfinder Sheet" can do this. You output to his custom sheet and then before you actually print you can Remove any or all of the weapons you don't want to print. Then print your sheet.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #300
Closed Thread