Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dragnmoon

Old October 31st, 2011, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armidale View Post
* Increase font sizes to improve readability and better match the standard sheet (requested by Kinnakeeter and Dragnmoon)
armidale, thanks for all your work on this, and thanks for considering our input!
Dragnmoon is offline   #181 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old October 31st, 2011, 10:16 PM
armidale here is some more stuff I found

Text Size – Much better thanks!

Languages – All of them are going on 1 line, can they be separated per line?

Feats Special Abilities – Some get cut off at the end of the page and complete on the next, can it be made so instead the full text just goes to the next page if it can’t all fit in 1 page?

Swim/Climb (Fly/Burrow unknown) - This is most likely an issue with Hero labs but I am getting Odd numbers for the Distance. Though the math is correct (1/4 30 is 7.5) it should stay in increments of 5. Instead of 7.5, it should be 5.

Weight – Still doing odd calculations figuring the number to the 16th decimal place in one example, is this a fault of Hero Labs? Should probably only bring it to the 2nd decimal place. *don’t make fun of me if I am using the wrong terms there, been awhile.. *

In items/Special Abilities, with tracked items/Special Abilities, instead of having the name of the items/Special Abilities to the right of the tracking boxes can it be placed above the tracking boxes so you don’t get odd word placements like one word per line, which in one case caused the 2nd page to push stuff to the 3rd page. Is there a way to Toggle the Tracked Resources on and off for those that want to? The ‘Include tracked resources in stat block’ in ‘Configure Hero” does not seem to do anything.
As an example my wand of cure light wounds looks like this:

Wand of
Cure
Light
Wounds
(30
Charges)

I know it is not part of the regular character sheet, but is there a way to add Caster Level, Concentration Check Bonus, Melee Touch attack bonus and Range Touch attack bonus for spell casters?

Spells Known number is not filling out for spontaneous spell casters

Once again thanks for your hard work on this!

Last edited by Dragnmoon; October 31st, 2011 at 10:41 PM.
Dragnmoon is offline   #182 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old November 1st, 2011, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
Languages – All of them are going on 1 line, can they be separated per line?
I've looked at this a bit before, but haven't yet found a way to do that.

Quote:
Feats Special Abilities – Some get cut off at the end of the page and complete on the next, can it be made so instead the full text just goes to the next page if it can’t all fit in 1 page?
I was thinking that too, since there's also cases where the feat name appears at the bottom of the page and the description on the next page. I'm pretty sure this is easy to do, so will try to do this for next.

Quote:
Swim/Climb (Fly/Burrow unknown) - This is most likely an issue with Hero labs but I am getting Odd numbers for the Distance. Though the math is correct (1/4 30 is 7.5) it should stay in increments of 5. Instead of 7.5, it should be 5.
I was thinking the 2.5 increments were still useful if you took a double move. Maybe someone can find an official ruling on this.

Quote:
Weight – Still doing odd calculations figuring the number to the 16th decimal place in one example, is this a fault of Hero Labs? Should probably only bring it to the 2nd decimal place. *don’t make fun of me if I am using the wrong terms there, been awhile.. *
Actually I fixed that last night, so will be in the next release.

Quote:
Is there a way to Toggle the Tracked Resources on and off for those that want to? The ‘Include tracked resources in stat block’ in ‘Configure Hero” does not seem to do anything.
Great suggestion. Will add this to my list.

Quote:
I know it is not part of the regular character sheet, but is there a way to add Caster Level, Concentration Check Bonus, Melee Touch attack bonus and Range Touch attack bonus for spell casters?
Not sure yet, but I'll look into this.

Quote:
Spells Known number is not filling out for spontaneous spell casters
That's now done and will be in the next version.

Thanks for the excellent suggestions. Keep 'em coming.
armidale is offline   #183 Reply With Quote
ValaraukarU

Old November 1st, 2011, 09:45 AM
Armidale's Custom Sheet:

If I have a character with more than two weapons plus unarmed it prints the rest of the weapons on page 2 with only the extra weapons (and a lot of white space) then prints the normal page two stuff on page three.

Is this a known issue or by design?
ValaraukarU is offline   #184 Reply With Quote
Cullyn

Send a message via AIM to Cullyn Send a message via Yahoo to Cullyn

Old November 1st, 2011, 09:49 AM
Awesome work Armidale. Thanks a ton for taking the time and effort necessary to put this together and keep up with feedback. Deeply appreciated and Lone Wolf should give you some kudos as well as it quite handily stops my prodding for a sheet giving them more time for other useful programs.
Cullyn is offline   #185 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 1st, 2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
I was thinking the 2.5 increments were still useful if you took a double move. Maybe someone can find an official ruling on this.
The .5 increments would be correct. In example the 30ft you only climb 7.5 in a single move action but if you double move it is 15ft or the 60ft/4. I would say it should be left to help remind players that if they double move its 15ft or 7.5ft in a single action.

Quote:
The quickest and easiest method is to add two of my add-ons to your hero lab.

First one is a post about a add-on I created for Concentration to easily display on printed sheets. Basically after you add the .user file you start HL. Then in the skills section you can add a Concentration skill for the class you would want.

In example if you where a Wizard you would add "Concentration: Wizard". This skill auto-calcs itself so you do nothing but add it to your character. Then when you print it shows in the normal skill section.

If you are a Wizard/Cleric you would add both the "Concentration: Wizard" and "Concentration: Cleric" and both are auto-calculated using different values.

The second one is called TouchAttacks.user and is located on d20pfsrd in the Misc folder. It adds Melee Touch weapon and Ranged Touch weapon that you simply add to your character like any other weapon. The values will then correctly show. If you take weapon focus on say Range Touch just make sure you select my new Ranged Attack weapon.

I also have a Caster Level skill developed for my home games but I have not added it the Concentration skill add-on yet. But I will.

Hope that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #186 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old November 1st, 2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValaraukarU View Post
Armidale's Custom Sheet:

If I have a character with more than two weapons plus unarmed it prints the rest of the weapons on page 2 with only the extra weapons (and a lot of white space) then prints the normal page two stuff on page three.

Is this a known issue or by design?
Currently by design. Your page 3 is intended to closely match the standard sheet in the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh
The .5 increments would be correct. In example the 30ft you only climb 7.5 in a single move action but if you double move it is 15ft or the 60ft/4. I would say it should be left to help remind players that if they double move its 15ft or 7.5ft in a single action.
Exactly. I just reconfirmed rules say (for swim for example): "Success means you may swim at up to half your speed (as a full-round action) or at a quarter of your speed (as a move action)."
armidale is offline   #187 Reply With Quote
mlenehan1

Old November 1st, 2011, 06:29 PM
I recently used your sheet and I noticed that the weapon line for main hand for my TWF shows a +1 (2 weapons) or +5 (alone). That +5 should be a +3 (+1 BAB, +2 Strength). Is it possible it's adding the Str bonus twice? Although the weapon damage is correct.
mlenehan1 is offline   #188 Reply With Quote
kinevon

Old November 1st, 2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
* Display trip attack bonus for non-trip weapons (requested by Kinevon) but only if character has a trip feat, to avoid clutter (feedback welcome)
And I thank you for it.

Any way to get it to add appropriate maneuvers to each weapon for any maneuver the PC has the "Improved" version of?

Trip is nice, I would love Disarm for the same PC, since I tend to one-two punch the pair of attacks, trip, then use the AoO from Greater Trip to disarm my opoonent on the way down...

Oddly enough, Fighter/Archer types might need the maneuvers for their bow of choice, once they hit third level, with the archetype.
kinevon is offline   #189 Reply With Quote
armidale

Old November 2nd, 2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
The ‘Include tracked resources in stat block’ in ‘Configure Hero” does not seem to do anything.
Actually that option doesn't seem to appear in the XML, unlike the other options, so HeroLab won't currently let me use that checkbox to control it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlenehan1 View Post
I noticed that the weapon line for main hand for my TWF shows a +1 (2 weapons) or +5 (alone). That +5 should be a +3 (+1 BAB, +2 Strength). Is it possible it's adding the Str bonus twice?
No, chances are it's guessing that the offhand weapon isn't light (and hence the mainhand penalty is -4 rather than -2). Since HeroLab doesn't provide information about whether a weapon is light or not, the sheet has to guess. Next to your offhand weapon it will either say "(offhand, light)" or "(offhand, 1-hand)". If it's wrong, just let me know what weapon it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinevon View Post
Any way to get it to add appropriate maneuvers to each weapon for any maneuver the PC has the "Improved" version of?
Already on my list to do, but to be clear, by "appropriate" we're just talking about maneuvers that involve a weapon here, not all maneuvers.

Last edited by armidale; November 2nd, 2011 at 08:18 PM.
armidale is offline   #190 Reply With Quote