Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Grey Mage

Old October 12th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Just updated to latest RW version (1.0.1042.202). Major issue with existing snippets that have been converted over to HTML.

Literally thousands of links which previously were bold and underlined (from being linked) are no longer bold and in many cases a different font size than before.

Literally thousands of links which were previously italicized and underlined (from being linked) are no longer italicized.

Even more odd, as I go in and change them back to bold/italicized and then save, the save does not take. I have to do it twice (which means two times scanning for links).

Surely (and I am NOT calling you Shirley) this is a glitch.

Anyone else having this issue?
Grey Mage is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old October 12th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Another issue with this update:

Some snippets that had multiple links now have none.

I am talking in the neighborhood of 50-100 links missing per snippet.

Should relink when I open and save again, but wanted to point out this issue with the change from rich text to HTML.
Grey Mage is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 12th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Did you manually format your links? I'm wondering if in the conversion, it stripped any formatting applied directly to linked text? I don't recall that my links were ever bold or italicized unless part of text that was. By default the links for me are just blue and underlined and they all remain so after the upgrade.

I edited a topic and changed some link text to italics and saved and it saved and the formatting stuck, even after navigating away and returning to it.

Can you give more details on how the links in the pre-upgrade text were formatted?

The only formatting issue I've run into are with some font sizes and weights and bullets from text that I had copied over from MS Word. But for the most part, I've not seen any major issues with text-formatting after the upgrade.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old October 12th, 2015, 07:52 PM
BIG ISSUE:

Just went back to a page I had fixed (rebold, reitalize(?), change to default page setting, etc.

Previous fixes were gone!!!

So not good. I have literally thousands of snippets to fix and some have over 200 links. Really need someone to look at this as soon as possible.

Program as is presently is unusable!!!
Grey Mage is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old October 12th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Appears you cannot bold, remove underline or italicize and remove underline; lets you do it but when you save and then come back changes are not there.
Grey Mage is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 12th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Hmm. Hold off making any changes to your realm until after we've had a chance to discuss this tomorrow. We MAY be able to resolve this in a reasonable way (I honestly don't know), but you'll need to go back to your original backup if that's the case.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old October 13th, 2015, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
Appears you cannot bold, remove underline or italicize and remove underline; lets you do it but when you save and then come back changes are not there.
Add Bullets and Numbering to that.

Formatting is broken after the update (no indent, text no longer lining up correctly with bullets/numbers).

Fix formatting by undoing bullets, then redoing them.

Click a new topic.

Go back to bullet topic.

Bullets are broken.
Pollution is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 13th, 2015, 09:51 AM
I'm going to post this in every thread where people have been reporting issues (so sorry for the repetition):

Thanks for posting issues that you're encountering here in the forums. If you're posting an issue in the forum, please make sure it is accompanied by either an email to support@wolflair.com or a Bug Report.

The team will be looking at all the reported issues today, and may post updates in the various threads. Thanks for your patience!

Last edited by davidp; October 13th, 2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Fix typo
liz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 17th, 2015, 04:05 AM
The above issues have been fixed in the new release. However, you will need to restore your backup so that the upgrade logic properly converts your data this time.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 17th, 2015, 11:27 PM
Unfortunately, the update yesterday did not work as intended. Please review this thread for more information. If you have questions, please ask them in the same thread.
liz is offline   #10 Reply With Quote