Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Galahan

Old October 13th, 2015, 03:03 PM
After the major update I can not use any kind of text formatting in my links. Always after I save the topic, the formatting goes back to plain text, except for the standard underline of the link.

All my links marked with bold letters were converted to plain text, except for the underline.

I already had a bug ticket.
Galahan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old October 13th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahan View Post
After the major update I can not use any kind of text formatting in my links. Always after I save the topic, the formatting goes back to plain text, except for the standard underline of the link.

All my links marked with bold letters were converted to plain text, except for the underline.

I already had a bug ticket.
So...there's a new setting.

Links....

You can set links to be any color, bold, italic, etc... that you want. It's neat.

The problem would happen if you wanted something that's mechanics to be red italics, and a People Link to be blue bold for instance. If you set to Red Italics in that setting, then ALL your links will be red italics. If you go in and change it to blue bold, then ALL your links will be blue bold (after the fact, it actually goes and changes them all).

Probably not the answer you wanted.

What it's doing is creating an HTML tag for links and you can change how that appears. All RTF is gone and is now HTML.
Pollution is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Galahan

Old October 13th, 2015, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
So...there's a new setting.

Links....

You can set links to be any color, bold, italic, etc... that you want. It's neat.

The problem would happen if you wanted something that's mechanics to be red italics, and a People Link to be blue bold for instance. If you set to Red Italics in that setting, then ALL your links will be red italics. If you go in and change it to blue bold, then ALL your links will be blue bold (after the fact, it actually goes and changes them all).

Probably not the answer you wanted.

What it's doing is creating an HTML tag for links and you can change how that appears. All RTF is gone and is now HTML.
Yes, this is not the answer I was expecting. Generally, I use bold in links that correspond to rooms in a dungeon. I don't WhatsApp to change the formatting of all the links. So, if this is a permanente thing and I can't change the formatting of the link manually, it is a really annoince.
Galahan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old October 13th, 2015, 09:24 PM
I doubt it'll stay this way. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to format links differently from their base. (You certainly can in HTML or HTML+CSS.)

Changing pains. :/

Last edited by Parody; October 13th, 2015 at 09:27 PM.
Parody is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2015, 02:15 AM
It turns out that the UI framework we utilize on the desktop (DevExpress) does some incredibly stupid things with hyperlinks. We spent some time trying to figure out how to solve this today, but it turns out to be a very ugly and complicated problem due to the stupidity of DevExpress. So this probably isn't something we'll be able to address immediately, but we're definitely still trying to figure something out.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old October 14th, 2015, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
It turns out that the UI framework we utilize on the desktop (DevExpress) does some incredibly stupid things with hyperlinks. We spent some time trying to figure out how to solve this today, but it turns out to be a very ugly and complicated problem due to the stupidity of DevExpress. So this probably isn't something we'll be able to address immediately, but we're definitely still trying to figure something out.
That's a shame. Should we just assume our old link formatting is lost and then go back and reformat if it can be re-enabled in a future update?
Dr_Automaton is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2015, 05:30 AM
If you can wait a few days, that would be ideal. We MIGHT figure something out, and if we do, you'll likely want to go back to your backup that we made before you upgraded to build 201. Then all the work you've done will be preserved during the upgrade process. But I can't guarantee we'll come up with a good solution this week.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old October 14th, 2015, 05:51 AM
Cool. I'll try to hold off on any new data entry for a few days, just in case.

Inevitable bugs aside, the new update looks great. I'm excited to start making use of the new Alias/Names features. Thanks for all your team's hard work!
Dr_Automaton is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 16th, 2015, 07:51 PM
The issue referred to above has been fixed in the bug fix version just released. It was ugly and messy, but we managed to do it.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 18th, 2015, 12:40 AM
Unfortunately, the update yesterday did not work as intended. Please review this thread for more information. If you have questions, please ask them in the same thread.
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote