Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

TCArknight

Old March 14th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Has anyone been working on this? I'm about to get into a game, and would loe to use HL for the creation...
TCArknight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
terrestrialboy

Send a message via Skype™ to terrestrialboy

Old March 17th, 2009, 06:43 AM
I have most of it done. A few things don't work and need a little tweaking, such as Veteran of the Weird West (you've got to do most of this manually, but you can still select it).

I don't have all the creatures entered.

But it's a start ... I'd be happy to post the user file for people.
terrestrialboy is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
terrestrialboy

Send a message via Skype™ to terrestrialboy

Old March 17th, 2009, 06:52 AM
I posted it on my website, at the bottom of the bullet list before the episode listing.

http://www.canadiancrusaders.com/game/deadlands.html

The only thing you need to know is when you load the Savage Worlds setting, you need to check the Deadlands source box, and uncheck the other sources (Medieval, Black Poweder, etc.). Also remember to adjust the starting funds for characters.
terrestrialboy is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old March 19th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Great! Thanks a bunch! This really helps!
TCArknight is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
phantomwhale

Old April 4th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Wow - good man - was hoping someone might have done some Deadlands specific stuff with the kit.

Time to upgrade my license to add-on savage worlds I think
phantomwhale is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 18th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I was noticing that the new update to HeroLab appears to break the Deadlands user file that's mentioned here. A few of the equipment categories don't exist anymore. A couple of them appeared to be custom categories, and I don't see where to add categories in HeroLab. I went through and re-assigned all of the offending items to existing categories and it comes up without errors now. I'm not sure if there's a place to add custom categories.

UPDATE: It seems to have corrected itself. I tried again today with the original file, and it appears to load fine now. There must have been an update hung up. It appears to accept the custom categories fine.

Last edited by CapedCrusader; August 18th, 2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: It seems to have corrected itself.
CapedCrusader is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I'm glad this got sorted out. I can't think of any reason why things would have become broken with the latest update. While I definitely *added* a bunch of stuff, I didn't *delete* anything that I can think of. And the structure should have remained unchanged.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ApokalypseTest

Old August 21st, 2009, 07:20 AM
My deadlands doesnt compile any more, mostly the error messages report the tags "GeneralEq", "Explosives" und "gunaccesso" as undefined.

Any ideas? It worked fine before GenCon.
ApokalypseTest is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 21st, 2009, 09:52 AM
In the latest update, I changed the GearType tag group to no longer be dynamic. That's the source of the problem, since the Reloaded files introduce their own dynamic tags.

I'll see if I can change this back over the weekend. In the meantime, you can patch this in one of two ways. Option 1 is to temporarily switch over to using the source files for Savage Worlds and change the GearType tag group in "tags.1st" to be dynamic. Option 2 is to define your own structure file wherein you use an "extgroup" element to add the new tags to the "GearType" tag group. I guess option 3 is to hang tight until I get this resolved for you.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ApokalypseTest

Old August 21st, 2009, 10:22 AM
Thx, I guess I will just hang in and wait - there is no hurry
ApokalypseTest is offline   #10 Reply With Quote