Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Paris.Crenshaw

Old July 11th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Warning: This post contains a minor spoiler for the "City of Golden Death" module.

I'm building the metal-clad template for use with the "City of Golden Death" module, using the conversion posted here:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon...-clad-creature

I'm still working on how to apply the +4 to any profession skill, but my concern is that the ability adjustments (Str +0, Dex -6*, Con +0
Int +2, Wis -2*, Cha +6; * minimum 1) are not showing up when I apply them to one of the creatures in the module.

I think it has something to do with the fact that the creature is an undead (burning skeleton). When I apply the template to a generic half-orc NPC, the stats seem to work fine, but there is no change when applied to the skeleton.

Is there something I'm missing within the rules that prevents this or is the program doing something unexpected?

As a side note, have you Lone Wolf guys been making changes to the editor? I've been focusing almost entirely on the official data sets, lately, so it's been a long time since I had to use it to input anything new. I noticed that I didn't have to use the eval scripts much at all to create the templates and monsters I wanted. This is an outstanding development, because it makes the program far more accessible for those of us who want to add our own stuff or just use materials that aren't included in your awesome data updates.

EDIT: Somehow, I didn't see the .user file ShadowChemosh posted on d20PFSRD.com until now. I'll download that when I get home and see how Chava did it.

Last edited by Paris.Crenshaw; July 11th, 2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Added info about "already-available .user file".
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chava

Old July 11th, 2011, 10:40 AM
The key is since the skeleton (and burning skeleton) template set the charisma at a certain point, you need to add in some code that looks if your applying it to a skeleton and have it work differently, if I remember...
chava is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old July 11th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chava View Post
The key is since the skeleton (and burning skeleton) template set the charisma at a certain point, you need to add in some code that looks if your applying it to a skeleton and have it work differently, if I remember...
Thanks, Chava. It looks like I'll be able to learn a lot from your .user file.

Now that I've actually taken the time to look at the skeleton template, it occurs to me that, perhaps, those stats should remain the same and not be modified by the metal-clad template. If a skeleton's wisdom and charisma are changed to a set score, how would cladding those bones in gold increase those statistics?

The more I think about it, the more I want to change what's presented in the module, rather than change the way the template works in Hero Lab.

Last edited by Paris.Crenshaw; July 11th, 2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: edited to complete a thought
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
chava

Old July 11th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Because shiny things are more impressive than non shiny things ~ same logic as the burning skeleton being more charismatic that the non-burning one.

But that's up to you.

I know that when I ran my players through City of Golden Death those extra hit points let them actually survive into the second round whereas without them... not so much.

Last edited by chava; July 11th, 2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Hit points
chava is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old July 11th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I hadn't thought about that. My brain seems to be on the fritz today. I wasn't considering the fact that the skeletons will be getting their HP from those charisma points.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #5 Reply With Quote