Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

FreakFire74

Old August 11th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Hi all,

I'm writing a new part of the campaign, which takes place in Neverwinter. For this I created a Topic View called "Adventures in Neverwinter".

However, nothing is shown in this topic view. No matter what I do.

With each seperate topic I tried selecting "Assign to view". There is even already a checkmark there but when I go to the Neverwinter topic view I can only see the basic categories but without any of the topics I have just added..

Any advice? I must be doing something wrong..

I have used custom topic views before without any problem.

Thanks!

Mike

Last edited by FreakFire74; August 11th, 2015 at 01:58 PM.
FreakFire74 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old August 11th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Maybe it will help but when I remove the tick mark in assign view it somehow appears in the custom view! And somehow all my other topics in World Almanac have a tick marking them for this custom view.. Although I never added them. I even tried deleting the custom view and creating a new one..
FreakFire74 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Agyess

Old August 12th, 2015, 06:06 AM
sounds like youve got the invert view toggled on. Theres a half white/half-black circle above the view toggle button that reverses what is shown in that view.
Agyess is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old August 15th, 2015, 02:58 PM
That was it! Man, I feel daft!

I never noticed the button.. Thanks a lot, Agyess!
FreakFire74 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
JTDimino

Old May 23rd, 2016, 07:34 AM
Wow! I just encountered this same issue and even reported it as a bug - now I wish I'd waited until I looked on the forums. Doh! XP

Anyway, thanks for the assistance. I don't understand why "Invert Views" is a thing. What's the use? :P
JTDimino is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old May 23rd, 2016, 10:44 AM
I mostly make use of it with the "incomplete" tag which is great for identifying things that need work still. To see what is done, even though I don't explicitly tag it as such, I can invert my search on "incomplete".

I have my setting divided into two regions. I can use this to toggle between them without setting up a separate view for each.
AEIOU is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 24th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTDimino View Post
Anyway, thanks for the assistance. I don't understand why "Invert Views" is a thing. What's the use? :P
There are several uses you can make for it.

1) When you are determining what to include in the view, you can toggle to see what isn't in it that you want to include. This gives a very easy way to see the inverse of the view.

2) Historically, we had "Story" view and "World" view that were mutually exclusive. You have a topic in story or in world but not both. Based on feedback, we changed it around so that "World" is everything and "Story" is whatever you want to put in it. But to provide the functionality of the old "World" view where you can see what isn't in the "Story" view, we added this inverse capability.

3) In some cases, it may be easier to include topics you don't want to see in a view and then use the inverse to see the topics you really care about.
davidp is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 24th, 2016, 04:36 PM
Or #4: You've got a custom view in place for a game that pares down the list significantly. You suddenly need to find a topic that's not in your custom view. Hit the invert button and that topic instantly appears in the nav pane on the left. Fast, easy, and no meaningful in-game interruption to find the info you need during play.

'Cause we all know that players NEVER choose to go left when all the neon signs from the story tell them to go right...
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote