Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Subscription Option for Hero Lab Add-Ons? (Similar to Pazio's subscription method)
Yes, please! 6 75.00%
No thanks, I only buy the add-ons I use. 2 25.00%
No, I'd never sign up for any kind of subscription methods. 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Kizan

Old September 28th, 2013, 11:32 AM
I really like Pathfinder and I really like Hero Lab. They are kind of a peanut butter and jelly thing. I really like Pathfinder's subscription methods. I'm putting in a request to start a similar subscription option for Hero Lab add-on sources. I would like to propose a subscription method that would augment not replace the system in place now. Suggested method is an auto-pay (read continuing revenue stream) subscription that will start auto-purchasing add-ons (for Pathfinder in my case) adding them to my account. Much like a magazine subscription or Paizo subscription. An email after the auto-purchase to reminder me to refresh my license would be nice.

This model is very similar to the model used by Paizo now. The people that want to buy oneise, twoise can continue to do that. But I'm getting sick of starting up HL, seeing that there are new updates and then trying to figure out which of the packages I don't already have. The list of packages and which ones I have (in red) is quite long and not easy to see which ones I have and which ones are new.

As an interim could the licensing website be made to have a "show me the books I don't have" option and a separate section for 3rd party publishers with same option? Maybe just a "NEW THIS MONTH" section at the top? Maybe a date listing when the package or source was posted so was can tell without looking up the book title? Or better the ability to sort by publish date?

I know subscription services require that the vendor hold on to credit card information so this request my require some back-end work for Lone Wolf that may not be feasible at this time (kickstarter anyone).

Thanks,

Kizan

Pathfinder GM and player,
Hero Lab user and owner of all Pathfinder sources (I think)

Me: How bad could it be?
Him: What's the worst that could happen?

Last edited by Kizan; September 28th, 2013 at 12:16 PM.
Kizan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote