Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

alexdevus

Old March 7th, 2013, 01:33 PM
I understand that Hero Lab is currently being adapted for Apple products like the IPad. I was just curious to know if there was any news about Hero Lab coming to Android products.

If not, does anybody know if there is a character creator out there that an Android can handle?

Thanks!
alexdevus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old March 23rd, 2013, 07:22 PM
Desperately waiting for Android information here, too.
pyremius is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:30 PM
The plan that they have stated, at least as I understand it, is that they plan on making a pathfinder character sheet for iOS, and work it from there to a fully functional Hero Lab on iOS before they even think of starting to develop for Android.

I don't like it, I don't like it at all, but I must respect the developers decisions to go whatever direction they want to.
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Manic Modron

Old March 25th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Parallel coding might be a bit of a trick for a small studio, but I wish they were pushing a bit more for Android users as well.
Manic Modron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Noven

Old March 25th, 2013, 06:15 AM
+1 from an Android user here. I would love to see such a product on my tablet.
Noven is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rwimberger

Old March 26th, 2013, 11:45 AM
I only know two gamers that use iPads and in both cases it's a company owned item. Most gamers are poor or cheap (got to buy more games) thus they use Kindle fire because it's cheaper. Why spend twice as much on something when you know it will be obsolete in less than a year. I recently got a fire 8.9 and have had a asus TF101 for almost two years, put in interest of full disclosure my favorite is still my HP webos touchpad. Ok, I know a few that own Nexus and a several that own Galaxies, but basically make sure it runs on the fire, Amazon owns a third of the android market and android appears to own 80 percent of gamers.
rwimberger is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
dragonladytoo

Old April 5th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Unfortunately the demographic of Apple users versus Android users is that Apple users are more likely to throw money away and around, thus attracting the Herolab team to that platform first.
This is a sad fact, even though the various incarnations of Android now outsell and outnumber the IOS tablet platform by a significant amount, but the android users are cheap sobs.
dragonladytoo is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Micco

Old April 5th, 2013, 06:35 PM
I've got both iPads and Droid Tablets (dTabs.) Everyone in my gaming group (6 others) also have tablets...all Android. I think going for the shiny iPad was a mistake. The gamer demographic is much more likely to have dTabs than iPads, and there are more dTabs than iPads to boot. But the i-products are i-sexy, so you know...
Micco is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
DeadOrc

Old April 8th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Looking for he Droid version to.
DeadOrc is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
leleyx

Old April 8th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Another +1 for the Android app request. I play in 2 groups, 12 players between both, among those 5 android tablets (all Google Nexus) and only 1 ipad. Even if you count mobiles I think there's 2 iphones everyone else has an android phone.

Not sure about paying for it, which I may do, but I'm really foaming at the mouth for the character handler, as I only really need full functionality when I'm running a game, when I'm playing in one all I need is a better way to handle my character sheet.
leleyx is offline   #10 Reply With Quote