Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kaintheseeker

Old January 5th, 2012, 06:01 PM
How long does it take to get a secondary license reset? I had put in for a new one on the Mac Beta and haven't gotten any feedback from the email I sent out. Is everyone on still on vaction?
kaintheseeker is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 6th, 2012, 10:18 AM
2-3 business days is the promised span. License requests usually go through more quickly, often even over weekends and holidays. The usual advice if it's been over 3 business days is to a) check your spam folders, b) send a second message to support@wolflair.com, and c) to post on the forums if neither of the above work. Usually, a) clears things up, and b) works for most of the rest of the cases, but it does occasionally go to c), either through oversight or because the mail just isn't getting through.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
knight2142

Old January 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I thought for the mac beta you could do it automatically, even without needing to wait the normal 120days
knight2142 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 6th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Ah. Well, that I can't comment upon. ^_^ I'm not a Mac person, and didn't realize the beta was being handled differently, although that does make sense.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kaintheseeker

Old January 6th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I got my secondary license today!

TWICE..

Thank you ever so much for the emails LWD! I hope that things calm down for the rest of the month!

Now I get to go play with it! Thankee!
kaintheseeker is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 6th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Since I don't have any of your license info, I can't check this detail, but I want to make sure this isn't an issue of user confusion.

For anyone migrating a Windows license *to* the Mac for the *first* time, simply reactivate the license on the Mac. Even if you just transferred the license to a new Windows computer the week before, please do *not* ask us for approval the way you normally would when moving to a new Windows computer. The *first* transfer *to* a Mac will be automatically allowed by our licensing server. Only after the first Mac transfer is performed will the rules become the same as for Windows computers. And at that point, you'll need to wait for support to work through the queue and get to your request.

Hope this clarification helps....
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote