Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Frodie

Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:53 AM
Looks like the new update messed up all the user files sources.
Frodie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TopCat

Old August 3rd, 2010, 10:45 AM
I think it's just that the update has removed the APG Playtest source, so any portfolio you had saved with that source selected will give an error because it can't find that source any more.

There was a warning to that effect when importing the updated Pathfinder dataset...

All my other user sources still seem to be OK, as far as I can see.
TopCat is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JTStorm

Old August 3rd, 2010, 11:27 AM
I seem to have gotten a similiar error as Frodie. I don't have any characters using the APG playtest, but I have downloaded some user content. I'm attaching the error message.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg compile error message.jpg (138.9 KB, 20 views)
JTStorm is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old August 3rd, 2010, 12:00 PM
My guess is that with the new official content coming out in Sept they changed the source names to separate user content form Lone Wolf content. All the items that generated errors were 3rd party files that referenced Paizo products. My guess is the Hero Lab section of PFD20SRD site will have updated user files posted by the others in a few days or so.

If not you would have to open the editor and then each of the user files and change the source check mark for each files and save the changes.
Thazar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 3rd, 2010, 12:03 PM
Well that's nice. From that error messages those are the Pathfinder Companion data sets that I did. I put everything to fall under the "Sources" parent and if that just got removed then it just messed up every data set I and others have recently done.

Is that error preventing the data sets from loading? Do the sources still show up somewhere to be check marked?

Their is a new User Content Source type that showed up a few updates ago so I will have to move all the data sets over to that one.........

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; August 3rd, 2010 at 12:07 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old August 3rd, 2010, 12:55 PM
Yep, nothing will load with any error. Looks like have to go through each one and change them, uhgg
Frodie is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah I cant load my extra monsters that i have made for own game

Lets hope when they get back from gen con they can help us
Virtue is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
duhtroll

Old August 3rd, 2010, 04:18 PM
They should have waited for the update until after the con. Now I can't update or print out any characters that use the APG until they fix it and I am leaving for the con early tomorrow AM.

Bad move, devs. This is the biggest con of the year and the one time it really helps to have everything electronically. I guess I will go back to 1980s style PnP.

I received no warning message during the update - it was the same as always.
duhtroll is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 3rd, 2010, 04:36 PM
For the data sets done by individuals and the community here is the fix. You will need to use note pad or TextPad or something else to access the .user file directly as this can't be done in the editor. Or if it can I didn't see how to do it easily.

Before doing this please backup a copy of your .user files just encase something goes wrong.

Open up the .user file in note pad and search for the following:
Code:
parent="Sources"
This needs to be replaced with the following:
Code:
parent="UserParent"
Case matters so it has to be exactly as I have it typed above or it won't fix the issue. And yes you will need to do that in each and every one of your .user files individually. I will try and update all the .user files from the d20pfsrd site tonight, but not promising I will get them all done tonight.

Also note this moves things from the old Sources section to the new "User Content" section.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old August 3rd, 2010, 04:40 PM
Thank you for this easy fix. I was afraid I was going to have to go into the editor and change each entry within a source file.

Now I only need to change the .USER files if I read your post correctly. That lowers the changes from a couple hundred to 10 or 12 for the user files I use. Should be able to fix that in 15 or 20 minutes.
Thazar is offline   #10 Reply With Quote