Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nikmal

Old August 19th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Dragnmoon,
Not sure how or why you can't change the faction without breaking the character itself? I was able to easily enough and while it is a pain in the butt as you have to go through and redo each of the faction journal entries but other then that.. not to bad to do. But not character breaking.
Nikmal is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
erian_7

Old August 20th, 2011, 07:00 AM
I've been fiddling with the latest version trying to figure out if it supports the rules for changing factions. At present it looks like it does not. Can anyone confirm? It looks like we need the ability to have a number of factions, with one marked as Current, and any changes beyond the first counting appropriate Prestige for the change. There also needs to be a tracker for Fame instead of TPA (and I'm not quite sure if Fame is overall of by Faction?).
erian_7 is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old August 20th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
Dragnmoon,
Not sure how or why you can't change the faction without breaking the character itself? I was able to easily enough and while it is a pain in the butt as you have to go through and redo each of the faction journal entries but other then that.. not to bad to do. But not character breaking.
Yes I exaggerated on "Breaking" But all the old Faction traits become illegal which is annoying, and I have 5 characters to change factions with which is close to 50 re-enters, that is more then annoying.

I am still standing by and I will stand by this for anytime they say something is to much work to do, which they have said in the past. That something be to hard to do is never an excuse not to do it, it is an excuse for it to take time, but not for it not to be done.
Dragnmoon is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
erian_7

Old August 21st, 2011, 03:34 PM
I agree with Dragnmoon on this--the ability to change factions (not just now with the new additions, but any time in the future) is an important aspect of characters in PFS. This is definitely something Herolab needs to support as well as possible. It seems like it should be tracking starting faction (as that is relevant to faction traits that must be selected at level 1), and then tracking the active faction. Inactive factions should retain their individual totals for adding up fame and such, but shouldn't appear as drop downs in the Journal entries.
erian_7 is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
wolfe0359

Old August 25th, 2011, 07:08 PM
so how does one get a double chain kama from Ultimate combat?
wolfe0359 is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 25th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe0359 View Post
so how does one get a double chain kama from Ultimate combat?
I assume the equipment from UC will be in the next update. Until then you could use the editor and put in your own Chain Kama. Most weapons are VERY easy to do and only require mouse clicks no scripts.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old August 30th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Have you guys ever added the Shield Guardian Template from the first Bestiary?
Virtue is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Cyxodus

Old November 19th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm afraid the process of changing factions is just too complex to support well in Hero Lab. That really has to be left up to people to implement themselves.
This is NOT acceptable at all. As someone who has studied game design, all it takes is a little adjustment.

I would have Hero Lab designate a character's factions two ways: current faction and previous faction. Have a "Switch Faction" option below the faction listing (Background > Faction). This would automatically switch all faction related items to "previous faction" and all new entries would be under "current faction".
Cyxodus is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old November 19th, 2011, 04:57 PM
@Cyxodus you realize that this is an old bug report thread, right? You should just ask in a new thread to see if this has been done.
Provos is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Cyxodus

Old November 20th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Being that this is my first post, no. I'll start a new thread asking for help in switching factions.
Cyxodus is offline   #30 Reply With Quote