Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nyarlathotep

Old May 2nd, 2011, 12:54 PM
Hope this is the right place for this.

I've got Herolabs with a couple of Pathfinder datasets. It's been activated on my home PC with 1 license and activated on my laptop with the secondary license. Everything worked great until my HDD in the laptop cratered.

What do I need to do in order to reinstall HeroLabs on my laptop? Do I have to deactivate the license off the old HDD or do I just email tech support and ask for the license to be deactivated? Or can I just reinstall Herolab, use the secondary license and away I go?

I also have another question regarding licensing. I've got a player who picked up Herolab ages ago (probably 2 years or so) on physical media. He's never really used the program (we switched systems shortly after he got it), but now we are playing pathfinder and using Herolab at the table. He's looking to reinstall it. Any issues that he should be worried about (bearing in mind it's an older version on CD)?

Thanks!
Nyarlathotep is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:05 PM
If it's been more than 120 days since you installed the secondary license on your laptop, then when you re-install HL on that laptop, the procedure will be the same as when you first set up that secondary license. Hero Lab simply thinks you're moving that secondary license to a new computer.

If it's been less than 120 days, you can email support ahead of time and ask them to clear the 120 day countdown for that secondary license before you re-install it. Make sure you're using the secondary license number, rather than the primary - each of those numbers has a countdown that's separate from the other.

For your player, he needs to make sure that during the install procedure, he downloads the newest version when the install procedure prompts him to (or skip the CD entirely, download the newest version from our website, then use the printed license number that's in the CD case when the time comes to activate the license).
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nyarlathotep

Old May 2nd, 2011, 02:50 PM
Excellent.

thanks for the response.
Nyarlathotep is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
flyingcircus

Old May 18th, 2011, 08:53 AM
This is why it should be 30 days not 120.
flyingcircus is offline   #4 Reply With Quote