Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

TaylorBland

Old October 5th, 2020, 05:30 PM
Well, it did work for a second, then it crashed and when i restarted it, it read the same error message again. how would one go about fixing this then?
TaylorBland is offline   #161 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old November 12th, 2020, 06:49 PM
Is there anyone that can help me fix this error... I didn't find an answer to the same question a few post above mine, Thanks for any help...

The data files could not be loaded due to the following errors:

Resource 'fntlarge' - Font 'CourierNew' is not available on all platforms and may not be used
One or more timing errors were identified. Please review the timing report and correct the errors. You can access the report under the 'Develop' menu or by clicking this link.
jbearwillis is offline   #162 Reply With Quote
Phrll

Old November 13th, 2020, 04:15 AM
This probably isn't the best fix, but it worked for me. Go to Tools -> Explore Folders -> Game System Data Folder and edit styles.ui.aug with notepad, notepad++ or something other than a word processor. Search for fntlarge and change the face field to Arial.
Phrll is offline   #163 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old November 13th, 2020, 05:51 AM
Thank you Phril, much appreciated, that worked...
jbearwillis is offline   #164 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old March 13th, 2021, 07:24 AM
It's been close to a year since the last update. Will you be doing anything with the Klingon core book?
PGoodman13 is offline   #165 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old March 13th, 2021, 08:08 AM
Okay, this is funky. I haven't been into Hero Lab in a while except to make sure I've downloaded bug fixes. Current version I'm using is 64-bit V8.9h #958. STA dataset is 1.9.

I needed to check on something regarding an existing character for a campaign that's been dormant for a while. So I fired up HL 64-bit, opened up the character's portfolio, and was greeted with this warning:

"Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the help menu).

Portfolio created with different version of product. Compatibility is unknown but attempting load anyway.
Source portal ‘menutype’ has been orphaned for pick ‘typMain’
Pick ‘typMain’ has been orphaned due to missing source portal in batch ‘54’
One or more selections on ‘Andromeda Wolfe’ couldn’t be loaded. They may require content that isn’t available to this Hero Lab license, or user content that isn’t currently loaded.
‘Unarmed Strike’ is not available and can’t be loaded."

Now yes, it's been a while since I opened this character last, and HL has had several updates. I've seen similar messages before; this usually disappears when you save the portfolio and re-open it. That bit about "Unarmed Strike' not available has me a little leery, however.

So I hit OK on the warning so it loads the portfolio. Imagine my surprise when I click on the Basics tab and discover that my Human security chief is a starship now. I've attached a PNG of my Basics screen for your perusal.

I just tried opening the same portfolio in the 32-bit HL and get the same results, so something is clearly borked.

ETA 1: Tried it with a couple of different portfolios in both 32- and 64-bit versions, and the same errors occur.

ETA 2: Tried to build a new character, and things seem to be going okay, at least in 32-bit. Can save and reopen the portfolio without incident.
Attached Images
File Type: png Andromeda Wolfe Basics 20210313.png (275.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by PGoodman13; March 13th, 2021 at 08:44 AM.
PGoodman13 is offline   #166 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old March 13th, 2021, 12:22 PM
Okay, don't really know why it's happening, but I have found a workaround for this. Assumes the character portfolio is unlocked; I haven't tested it on a locked portfolio as yet.

1. Load character.
2. OK through error.
3. Go to Character menu.
4. Choose Configure Hero.
5. "Select Char Type" should show as red. Click on the star.
6. Choose "Type: Character (Main)".
7. Click "Select".
8. Click OK.
9. Save portfolio.
PGoodman13 is offline   #167 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old March 13th, 2021, 12:39 PM
Feature Request

Right now, you can use this to create Main Characters, Supporting Characters, and Starships. It would be handy if you could also use it to create Minor, Notable, and Major NPCs, which use different rules from Supporting Characters. This feature currently doesn't exist (or if it does, I can't seem to find it).

It would be handy if we could do all of these using the same tool.
PGoodman13 is offline   #168 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old March 21st, 2021, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
It's been close to a year since the last update. Will you be doing anything with the Klingon core book?
I went in to make a character of my own for the first time in a while and discovered that 1.9 doesn't support Delta Quadrant either.
PGoodman13 is offline   #169 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old March 25th, 2021, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
I went in to make a character of my own for the first time in a while and discovered that 1.9 doesn't support Delta Quadrant either.
I did not realize I hadn't gotten this in there. Working on that now, and should have in the next week or so...

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #170 Reply With Quote