Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

EightBitz

Old March 4th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
HELLO! I don't care one bit for printing.
Seriously, though, what I meant was, to the people to whom I've even suggested, let alone recommended the software, in person or on other forums, I've never had anyone tell me, that they don't care about printing. But I've had many people tell me that they'll pass on it since it can't print.
EightBitz is offline   #151 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 4th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Seriously, though, what I meant was, to the people to whom I've even suggested, let alone recommended the software, in person or on other forums, I've never had anyone tell me, that they don't care about printing. But I've had many people tell me that they'll pass on it since it can't print.
In no way take what follows as me saying that I hope LW does not do printing. RW has other features I don't use but others do. I don't expect every feature to be something that I personally will make use of.

Um was not making a joke. I really do NOT care about printing and want nothing to do with it. Never even had one second in my head to think about printing something in this day and age. Never thought about it during the Beta testing at all.

I understand people are "different" but it boggles my mind in the year 2015 that anyone would need "printing". I don't do it on my job site or do it at home. Everything I have runs off a tablet, phone, laptop, or other electronic device.

What I and my players need is the Web Version of RW. We would LOVE to have it this coming Saturday but understand it is still down the road. But that is what I need so my players can easily access all my Realm information during the game. Player view already helps so much but having access at the game. Will be totally sweet!

Having access at "home" on Windows is "nice" but in a web browser means it will be accessible at the game!

If I get printing tomorrow I would not print one single page out of RW. We want this on our electronic devices other than Windows. In a format that makes it useful. Paper is in no way useful for anything but killing trees and starting fires.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; March 4th, 2015 at 04:07 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #152 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old March 4th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Has this not been hashed out multiple times here already?
MaxSupernova is offline   #153 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old March 4th, 2015, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Um was not making a joke.
*sigh* the perils of typing at each other across a digital divide ....

So, in my initial response to you, I was the one making a joke. I said, "I've never known anyone to say [blah blah blah]"

And you said, "ME!"

So I said, jokingly, "OK, I've known ONE person to say [etc, etc, etc]"

Then I posted a more serious clarification in contrast to my joke. Hence the "Seriously, though ..."
EightBitz is offline   #154 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 4th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
*sigh* the perils of typing at each other across a digital divide ....

So, in my initial response to you, I was the one making a joke. I said, "I've never known anyone to say [blah blah blah]"

And you said, "ME!"

So I said, jokingly, "OK, I've known ONE person to say [etc, etc, etc]"

Then I posted a more serious clarification in contrast to my joke. Hence the "Seriously, though ..."
Sigh missed that first post. I guess I rolled another natural 1 on my forum post skill check.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #155 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old March 4th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Sigh missed that first post. I guess I rolled another natural 1 on my forum post skill check.
No worries. It's the internet. It happens. Between body language, tone of voice, and other intangibles, half the communication is lost. Just a hazard of the medium.
EightBitz is offline   #156 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old March 4th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Quote:
That's why we have the down-pointing arrow next to the thread title. (Not that it stops me sometimes, but still. :(

Parody is offline   #157 Reply With Quote
storeyl

Old March 5th, 2015, 02:57 AM
Quote:
I understand people are "different" but it boggles my mind in the year 2015 that anyone would need "printing". I don't do it on my job site or do it at home. Everything I have runs off a tablet, phone, laptop, or other electronic device.
And there is me having just recently having invested in a good printer, A3 and other goodies for use at home. I didn't have to go searching hard for one. Clearly in 2015 they are still plenty enough that they are easy to find in shops.

Whilst I have no doubt the way of things is all e-xxx eventually, for something like RPG I suspect it is still a niche, and that you are probably still n the minority for the time being. Certainly in my experience RPG players seem to be the older demographic mainly, who grew up with pen and paper RPG in the 70-80s and are only slowly taking up tablets and phones as the be all and end all for gaming. Maybe I just don't see the younger RPG players (being a different social group and all that) so miss out on those who were practically born with phones attached to them and how they play.
storeyl is offline   #158 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old March 5th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by storeyl View Post
And there is me having just recently having invested in a good printer, A3 and other goodies for use at home. I didn't have to go searching hard for one. Clearly in 2015 they are still plenty enough that they are easy to find in shops.

Whilst I have no doubt the way of things is all e-xxx eventually, for something like RPG I suspect it is still a niche, and that you are probably still n the minority for the time being. Certainly in my experience RPG players seem to be the older demographic mainly, who grew up with pen and paper RPG in the 70-80s and are only slowly taking up tablets and phones as the be all and end all for gaming. Maybe I just don't see the younger RPG players (being a different social group and all that) so miss out on those who were practically born with phones attached to them and how they play.
Yes, I agree. Im a computer person, have been doing websites since the early 90s (I remember when Mosaic first came out). I game with people whos entire jobs are computers/graphic designers/etc.

We all still prefer plain with actual miniatures, making our own sets (I have a big collection of master-maze), and i run the game on a laptop, but im the only person that prefers it that way. They like their character sheets printed out, coffee stains and all. they all have tablets, and smartphones, and the like, but I've broached this question, and they'd prefer to not use them during the game.

I dont know which is a minority/majority. I think on this board you may find that we are more technical people and it might be more of an electronic majority, but that might not be gamers as a whole.

I have digital copies of all the books, but we still prefer to use the actual books.

I was a kickstarter backer, and one of the primary reasons was so I could track what players know, but a secondary reason was to make producing handouts (as in paper handouts) easier. I still do some of the old school things to make handouts look aged, etc...

In fact I wanted more of an export so I could generate my own handouts with other things. (but as I have the ability to print to PDF and then modify PDF a print alone would be enough)

And Shadow, I think many of us gamers are "different"
mirtos is offline   #159 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old March 5th, 2015, 10:43 PM
Quote:
HELLO! I don't care one bit for printing.
Well, I do care for printing/exporting.

But having used (and using) Realm Works for planning and playing my game I can not imagine going back to the clutter of misplaced files, scraps of paper, maps and stuff I had before.

Nothing I have tried utilizing earlier comes close to what Realm Works gives me.

But I still really, really would like to get printing/exporting - and calendars

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Last edited by Vargr; March 5th, 2015 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Correcting "craps" to "scraps".
Vargr is offline   #160 Reply With Quote