Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 10th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Honestly Colen I don't know why you guys never added my TouchAttacks.user file to HL core. It gets used ALLOT as its also a great thing to have for pen and paper sheets as it keeps the stuff on the front page of your character sheet.

In this case you would simply be able to add the weapons when you want or don't want. For my houserules data set its even setup to correctly apply TWF rules for a magus when they Spellcombat. Ancient1's character sheet even now looks for my "touch attack/ranged touch attack" weapon on print out to correctly display stats for a Magus also.

Maybe its time again to look at a simple solution like this?
The only thing important about touch attacks is the attack bonus, right? There's no need to display the crit chance, damage, etc? I'm pretty sure the only important thing is the total attack bonus (with modifiers from "Weapon Focus: Ray" and so on), I just want to confirm that.

Thanks!
Colen is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Foundry

Old April 10th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholz View Post
Any idea when this will be released for M&M?
I am also looking forward to this release. I use HL exclusively for M&M... Any "guestimations" as to when this may be?
Foundry is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 10th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
The only thing important about touch attacks is the attack bonus, right? There's no need to display the crit chance, damage, etc? I'm pretty sure the only important thing is the total attack bonus (with modifiers from "Weapon Focus: Ray" and so on), I just want to confirm that.
Well not exactly true. For damage I have my add on listed as "As Spell" for the damage section. But having the 20/x2 info is a good reminder for many players as most spells and spell-like abilities CAN actually crit and will do x2 damage on the crit.

Also depends on who you ask but 3.5 rules allowed for "Improved Critical (Ray)" and I still allow it in my games. So in that case having it say 19-20/x2 is also important.

Lets go one further into house rules. In my games I allow spellcasters to add their Caster Level on all damage. So I append extra damage on to the "Touch Attack/Ranged Touch Attack" weapons to help remind my players of this damage. This also comes into play for the feat "Point Blank Shot" it shows "As Spell+1" when turned on in my games.

For paper character sheets I like to make info easy for my players to remember. So I have an adjustment to add "extra text" to a weapon so for Ranged Touch Attacks I append the text of the "Point Blank Shot" onto the weapon so that the player simply has to figure out if they are within 30ft or not 30ft and the values (to hit and Damage) is right their on the printed sheet.

Just pointing out reasons why even currently what gets displayed in HL for Touch Attacks is not really that useful and why my Touch Attack weapons get used instead.

Also currently in HL a Magus can't equip their main weapon and "Touch Attack" weapon to have HL correctly show the values when using Spellcombat. In does correctly do this in my houserules data set again as "Touch Attack" can be equipped like a normal weapon.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
dragonladytoo

Old April 10th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the faq guys.
btw for those that need an easy tutorial about how to add the files to your iPad, I used the following video tutorial How to add files to an iPad
dragonladytoo is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
EberronKnight

Old April 10th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Very cool, downloaded it to my IPad 3 and looks beautiful. I have custom files that didn't work (caused errors) when I uploaded my main character... so I patiently will wait for the full version. It's awesome to see my main HL character on my IPad! Love technology!

EK

*edit* Ok just read the post on creating a HL file for our user stuff for the IPad. My regular stuff added on like a charm, still have other stuff that will require the full version.

Last edited by EberronKnight; April 10th, 2013 at 01:41 PM.
EberronKnight is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 10th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Normally I would say simply install the file "TouchAttacks.user" from d20pfsrd but you can't install a .user file. I will get that fixed by creating a .hl file to install the file instead. Then if you use Safari to download the file from d20pfsrd it will ask you to open it in HL and you will get a weapons called "Ranged Touch Attack" and "Touch Attack" you can add to your character sheet then.

Will do that tonight.
So I did get this done last night and made a .hl file for the touch attacks if anyone is interested. From safari on the iPad you can click THIS link and download it directly.

Here are a few screen shots to help:

1) Once you click the above link and Safari downloads the file you get the option to open in "Hero Lab Play".
Image1.jpg

=======================================
2) After HL app opens then click on "View Updates" in the top right corner and you will find a big blue "Install Updates" button:
Image2.jpg

3) Click on the "Install Updates" A new window opens asking for you to install the update and shows the little text description about the addon:
Image3.jpg

4) Once done you can find the addon in the list of installed packages. Swiping to the Right allows you to delete a package:
Image4.jpg

After that if you go to change weapons you can add a "Touch Attack" or a "Ranged Touch Attack" to the character.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old April 10th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Well not exactly true. For damage I have my add on listed as "As Spell" for the damage section. But having the 20/x2 info is a good reminder for many players as most spells and spell-like abilities CAN actually crit and will do x2 damage on the crit.

Also depends on who you ask but 3.5 rules allowed for "Improved Critical (Ray)" and I still allow it in my games. So in that case having it say 19-20/x2 is also important.
Per Pathfinder FAQ, Improved Critical (Ray) is allowed. Also certain buffs/songs can buff the to-hit and damage for rays.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #37 Reply With Quote