Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

AncientOne

Old August 23rd, 2012, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
I am curious as to the status of this .. since it appears to have been posted several years ago and I havent seen any feature "add" as discussed
Are you curious about the "customizable output" or the other unnamed feature that was put off because of the need to work on customizable output? Customizable output was added via the "File -> Save Custom Output" menu item. Several of us have used the feature to create custom sheets.

I went through the post history and found that the other unnamed feature was essentially the ability to have a live connection between the GM and the players for constantly-current sheet adjustments, etc. Based on the comments that have been made on these boards, it doesn't look like that one is in the works.
AncientOne is offline   #131
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 23rd, 2012, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
I am curious as to the status of this .. since it appears to have been posted several years ago and I havent seen any feature "add" as discussed
That post was less than two years ago, so I'm not sure the term "several years" is appropriate here. The feature has not yet been added, because it keeps getting preempted by other things that are higher priority to users. For example, there was the native Mac version and now the tablet. It's still on the list, though, so we'll get to it as soon as appropriate.
rob is offline   #132
TalMeta

Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:33 PM
I'd like to add my vote for being able to sort items in the editior by more than just name, i.e. by unique id, or a user input string.

And being able to mass edit certain fields would be a huge plus; not that I ever expect it to be an issue, but I almost always forget to click the "Not allowed for Pathfinder Society" tab, and I'm not going back over hundreds of entries to fix it!

My top picks for mass edit capability? "classes/domains", "product identity", special ability type", etc.
TalMeta is offline   #133
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:56 PM
My trick for checking that I applied a source or a specific checkbox to everything in an editor file is to select the top item in the list, and then quickly press the down key on the keyboard a lot of times, scrolling through the entire list of items. If there's a source missing, your eye will register it as movement, since it looks different than everything else in the list - then you can press the up key a few times to go back to it and fix it.
Mathias is offline   #134
mxyzplk

Old August 24th, 2012, 07:12 AM
When I GM, I tend to make a single HL file for a given upcoming adventure session (as closing/loading files is generally a bummer). I also go search Google Images etc. (or rip images from AP PDFs) to get good pics in there. It would be awesome if from a Hero Lab portfolio I had a couple print options:

1. Multiple (3-4) to a page, landscape format, full size pic with name under it, suitable for cutting into single-person 8 1/2x3 strips and clipping to the GM screen or whatnot to show players what NPC/monster/whatnot they're talking to looks like.

2. Multiple to a page, pawns for all creatures in a portfolio. So if I have put in all the people from dungeon X I can just say "print me the pawns!", put cardstock into my printer, and assemble me some custom pawns.

Both of these can be done manually, and I do it manually, but it takes time and hassle and other software programs.

Along those lines, it would be boss if your agreement with Paizo let you put the relevant art in for each Bestiary etc. - even the SRD has lots of the art so they can't be too against the idea...
mxyzplk is offline   #135
AncientOne

Old August 24th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxyzplk View Post
It would be awesome if from a Hero Lab portfolio I had a couple print options:

1. Multiple (3-4) to a page, landscape format, full size pic with name under it, suitable for cutting into single-person 8 1/2x3 strips and clipping to the GM screen or whatnot to show players what NPC/monster/whatnot they're talking to looks like.

2. Multiple to a page, pawns for all creatures in a portfolio. So if I have put in all the people from dungeon X I can just say "print me the pawns!", put cardstock into my printer, and assemble me some custom pawns.
FWIW, both of these could be done through the custom-output mechanism.

(this is me, setting myself up for more additions to my custom sheet. )
AncientOne is offline   #136
harmor

Old August 24th, 2012, 02:59 PM
On the `Classes` tab, please consider having the Question Mark button next to describe the Favored class bonuses.

Sometimes you get these Favored class bonuses and you don't know what they do or what source they are from.

To the left of the HP column you can move the current Question Mark to detail the class info.

Thanks for considering this.
harmor is offline   #137
hooly

Old August 26th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Hey Guys,

I would love to use Herolab exclusively when I run a game, but I've found that the Tactical Console just doesn't cut it - but I really want it to. And basically its only 1 thing that prevents me from doing it - and that's linking initiatives

Whether it be a players companion, or an Eidolon or a group of goblins. I want to easily be able to link their initiative so that I don't have to jump around the combat or waste valuable time in the session moving things around in the console.

Is there a way already, or are there plans to do something similar to what I'm talking about?

Let me know.
hooly is offline   #138
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 28th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Re-posting some suggestions that were posted on Paizo's forums, so that we'll be able to find them later:

Tarondor said:
Quote:
A) When I equip a shield, there should be a checkbox that tells Hero Lab not to regard that as a weapon and thus not print it as one.
B) Similarly, I should be able to tell Hero Lab which weapons to list on the front page of the character sheet (my sword, dammit!) and which can come later (my dagger).
C) Hero Points should be shown with the expendable items and get their own check boxes.

Last edited by Mathias; August 28th, 2012 at 08:31 AM.
Mathias is offline   #139
Kinnakeeter

Send a message via Yahoo to Kinnakeeter

Old August 28th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I also have a request, if possible. My Pathfinder Society character has officially become an Eagle Knight Captain and has also gained a ship. Apparently, the Eagle Knight title shows up as a possession so she now owns an Eagle Knight.

Though I find that somewhat amusing I was wondering if there was a way to show that as a title she's gained rather than as a physical possession.
Kinnakeeter is offline   #140
Closed Thread