Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aaron

Old July 30th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Not exactly about Patreon but about giving money has come up before.

I have this this weird thing that once I take money of any kind for HL I see it as work. Meaning I will get stressed about deadlines and making enough progress or just having to work every night on HL.

Why I appreciate the thought of people wanting to do Patreon I feel it will ruin the experience for me. If I currently don't have time to fix an issue or implement something then I don't. But if I was taking money I would feel required to do it.

So for my own sanity its best I do this as a hobby and I don't feel obligated to do stuff on a time table.

P.S. - I also get that makes me "really" strange in this day and age but you just have to take the bad with the good.
No shame in choosing less stress over more money.
Aaron is offline   #1321 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old July 30th, 2017, 04:53 PM
Quote:

I have this this weird thing that once I take money of any kind for HL I see it as work. Meaning I will get stressed about deadlines and making enough progress or just having to work every night on HL.

Why I appreciate the thought of people wanting to do Patreon I feel it will ruin the experience for me. If I currently don't have time to fix an issue or implement something then I don't. But if I was taking money I would feel required to do it.

So for my own sanity its best I do this as a hobby and I don't feel obligated to do stuff on a time table.

P.S. - I also get that makes me "really" strange in this day and age but you just have to take the bad with the good.
Makes perfect sense to me.
Dwayne is offline   #1322 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old July 30th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Quote:

Makes perfect cents to me too
ErinRigh is offline   #1323 Reply With Quote
KingofIllefarn

Old July 31st, 2017, 12:33 AM
Quote:

Freak

Just kidding, we all love you like a fat kid loves cake! And, believe me, they love cake, I ought to know!
KingofIllefarn is offline   #1324 Reply With Quote
Skarn

Old July 31st, 2017, 03:14 AM
I just finished a custom item for one of my players and thought it might be an interesting addition to the Community Pack. I hereby offer it for your consideration in the hope that it might be useful.

---

The situation:

Since I ruled that one of my players with a level 1 druid couldn't carry 40# of water in a Spell Component Pouch (the bulky but inexpensive Focus component of Ice Armor), he wants to carry five empty jugs attached to cargo loops on his backpack so he can Create Water as needed to armor up (at a -2 Circumstance Penalty to Stealth).

The default 'Jug' in HL only comes in one state - full, with 8.5# of water in a 0.5# jug. I therefor coded the 'Jug, Clay (Adaptive)'

Features:
  1. User Text field on the 'Gear' tab to designate whether its carrying Water, Wine, Ale, etc. (Default='Water'), in case he crit fails a saving throw; 'What were the contents, if any, of the jug that got destroyed?'
  2. Automatically changes livename based on the User Text ('Water Jug', 'Ale Jug', etc.)
  3. An automatically renamed checkbox on the 'In-Play' tab under 'Activated Abilities' ('Jug is Full of [User Text]?') which adjusts the jug's weight based on whether or not it is full (Default = unchecked/empty)
Attached Files
File Type: email Jug, Clay (Adaptive).user (1.6 KB, 1 views)
Skarn is offline   #1325 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 5th, 2017, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaknaefin View Post
My character has a 7 Cha (don't judge ).

Assuming that a 10 in a stat allows for up to 0th level spells, that same math may cause a 7 to allow for up to negative 3rd level spells, which could explain the error message I am getting.

It sounds like maybe some of the psionic characters are now pulling Cha as their spell level limit stat even if their class uses Wis or Int.
This issue of Powers showing errors based on Cha has now been fixed with the official release of Pathfinder 13.20. Thanks LW!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1326 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 15th, 2017, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarn View Post
I just finished a custom item for one of my players and thought it might be an interesting addition to the Community Pack. I hereby offer it for your consideration in the hope that it might be useful.
I missed this post somehow. Sorry!

I will get this added for next release v1.11.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1327 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 15th, 2017, 08:10 PM
The release of the new "Pathfinder Pack" version 1.10 is out!

v1.10 August 15, 2017

Bug Fixes
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - The adjustment "PFS, Equipment Boon" was not work for Custom made wands, scrolls or potions.
  • ShadowChemosh Skills (ShadowChemosh) - Mark "CL vs SR" skills as allowed for CORE PFS games.
  • (ShadowChemosh) - Corrected some feats that where not source marked. "Ascendant Power" from COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics_Mythic - Feats and "Thundercrack" from COM_3PPPack_RGG Bullet Points Lightning Bolt Feats.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Added missing "Concentration: Summoner (Unchained)" skill.
  • RGG Dragonrider Class (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #122. The Dragon Steed race type was not being added to the dragon steed minions. This prevented many of the races bases stats from calculating correctly (ie saves, BAB, skill points, hit points). Enhanced all to the script logic to better standards.
New Features
  • Starfinder (ShadowChemosh) - New GM Starfinder configuration option (Community Pack->GM Section->Starfinder GM->Starfinder) that allows for converting a Pathfinder monster to Starfinder rules. THIS IS MEANT FOR GMs NOT PLAYERS! I did my best to implement the rules on page 498 of the Starfinder Core book. When you activate this new option Skills will be consolidated into Starfinder skills. In example if you get a bonus to "Handle Animal" skill you will see this as a situational bonus for "Survial". In addition a new 'Starfinder' tab will appear that requires you to choose an option. You need to decide to use Pathfinder multiple attacks or Starfinder's single attack logic. Finally the Starfinder tab will also let you add a "Resolve" pool that will display on the In-Play tab. A pair of adjustments exist that allow for adjusting EAC/KAC values.
  • Starfinder (ShadowChemosh) - All Starfinder weapons have been added.
  • RGG Talented Monk(Eilserves) - Added more talents. Added additional talents, simplified some code.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fully implemented the soulknife archetype "Armored Blade".
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fully implemented the soulknife archetype "Cutthroat".
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fully implemented the soulknife archetype "Deadly Fist".
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fully implemented the soulknife blade skill "Flurry of Fists" including the Improved and Greater versions.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fully implemented the soulknife archetype "Feral Heart".
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fully implemented the following soulknife blade skill & feral heart blades skills: Quick Shift, Advanced Talents, Rogue Talents, Evasion, Improved Evasion, Bite, Pounce, Rake, Rend, Thick Skin, & Improved Thick Skin.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fully implemented the soulknife archetype "Nimble Blade". Optimized several of the class abilities to remove the need of a foreach loop.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fully implemented the soulknife archetype "Shielded Blade".
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fully implemented the soulknife archetype "Soul Bolt".
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Implemented Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elf, & Halfling favored class options.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Corrected/fixed/enhanced all BASE Aegis class abilities.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Corrected/fixed/enhanced all the Aegis Suit class abilities (Astral Skin, Astral Armor, Astral Juggernaut). Corrected/fixed/enhanced the free customization that go along with the astral suit. This includes fixing Brawn, Hardy and Nimble abilities.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Aegis class. Fully implemented customization's: Darkvision; Ranged Attacked; Energy Blast; Empowered Blast; Energy Resistance; Energy Resistance, Extra; Energy Immunity; Evasion; Extra Arms, Lesser; Extra Arms; Extra Arms, Greater; Imporoved Armor; Psionic Attacks; Psionic Damage; Pull; Push; Retaliate;
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Modified Metaforge PrC to work with the new enhanced base class ablities of the Aegis class. Modified the feat "Stuident of the Astral Suit" to make use of the new Aegis class abilites.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Add in "Concentration" class skills for Psionic classes as currently the concentration value does not display in HL.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Psionic characters will now be able to select their "Active Energy Type" from the In-Play tab.
Data File Authoring
  • Data File Authoring (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed "HaveSpell" validation procedure to take into account Hybrid classes. In example when checking for Cure Light Wounds the procedure would return true for Cleric but not Oracle. Procedure will now return true for Oracle, Cleric or Warpriest. In addition I was able to remove two of the foreach loops making this take way less CPU.
  • Data File Authoring (ShadowChemosh) - Updated the RGG CLW Feats to make use of the HaveSpell procedure.
  • Data File Authoring (ShadowChemosh) - Created a new Generic Helper Array Thing. This will make adding custom classes with arrays of values MUCH easier. In example used for the Aegis class.
  • Data File Authoring (ShadowChemosh) - Created a new helper procedure "X1SetFirst" that allows for correctly setting the Helper.FirstCopy tag onto Custom Specials.
  • Data File Authoring (ShadowChemosh) - The Psionic active energy types are in the new tag group PsiActEne.?. These are placed on to the hero at First/4000. If you need the same selection of energy types on a "different" Pick use the custom expression "component.SelectHelp & Psionics.PsiActEne". I have extended the tags PsiActEne.? onto the selection helpers.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1328 Reply With Quote
Zaknaefin

Old August 16th, 2017, 03:11 AM
First of all, thanks Shadow!

Quote:
Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fully implemented the soulknife archetype "Shielded Blade".
The Mind Shield, non-tower shield version, is implemented with a Max Dex of +0. I believe this is supposed to be no Max Dex as opposed to +0 Max Dex.

Quote:
Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fully implemented the soulknife archetype "Armored Blade".
Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fully implemented the soulknife archetype "Shielded Blade".
The Shielded Blade Mind Shield and the Armored Blade Mind Armament enchantment values are adding into Gear Value at the top. I believe you had already removed the standard Soulknife Mind Blade enchantment values from the Gear Value previously. These items cannot be selected by the relevant Gear Value adjustment.

Quote:
Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Aegis class. Fully implemented customization's: Darkvision; Ranged Attacked; Energy Blast; Empowered Blast; Energy Resistance; Energy Resistance, Extra; Energy Immunity; Evasion; Extra Arms, Lesser; Extra Arms; Extra Arms, Greater; Imporoved Armor; Psionic Attacks; Psionic Damage; Pull; Push; Retaliate;
Is there a way to have the Aegis Extra Arms, Greater Customizations automatically add 2 available hands? I know there is a separate adjustment for this. I see that the Customization has the activation for the Climb/Grapple bonuses.

Quote:
Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Corrected/fixed/enhanced all BASE Aegis class abilities.
Question: Is there a way using Class Ability: Values to increase Customization Points (in this particular case from an item)? If not, is that an Adjustment we can get?

Quote:
Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fully implemented the following soulknife blade skill & feral heart blades skills: Quick Shift, Advanced Talents, Rogue Talents, Evasion, Improved Evasion, Bite, Pounce, Rake, Rend, Thick Skin, & Improved Thick Skin.
Could we get a "Custom Blade Skill" (similiar to Custom Feat) added so that we can add Blade Skills (with just a text name) for Blade Skills that exist in other Dreamscarred Press products?

Quote:
Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Add in "Concentration" class skills for Psionic classes as currently the concentration value does not display in HL.
There are Concentration skills for all of the Psychic classes with standard casting abilities. Can one get added for the Soulknife with either of the Gifted Blade options turned on?

Other asks:

Is there a way to 'activate' the Alter Blade Blade skill in the In-Play tab when you select Mind Blade (Light) to make the primary mindblade 1-H?

Currently playing: Starfinder Fallout, Star Wars Saga Edition, Savage Worlds Slipstream.
Zaknaefin is offline   #1329 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 16th, 2017, 10:29 AM
@Zaknaefin Thanks so much for the feedback. I will try and take a look at those this weekend!

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1330 Reply With Quote