Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Paragon

Old August 21st, 2014, 11:20 AM
I could probably work this out with trial and error, but thought maybe someone would already know.

Setting up my Thin Men, they have an ability that adds to their Toughness, but does so by giving them a bonus equal to half their Agility die. I'm guessing this is an eval script on the ability, but I couldn't quite figure out how it'd be constructed.
Paragon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 21st, 2014, 11:48 AM
I'd take a look at the derived trait for Toughness itself (trTough), since it is calculated by taking 1/2 Vigor. That should give you some idea of a way to use half of something to use as a modifier to add to something else. I always like to work from something that already does something similar to what I want to try and figure out how to do it. (oh, and sorry I don't know how to code it off the top of my head, thus the hint on what I where I would start to try and figure out how to code it.)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; August 21st, 2014 at 11:50 AM.
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 21st, 2014, 01:08 PM
Hey, its more than I had. And I know what you mean; I was all set to ask how you set up Knowledge skills on creatures when I found an example on the lich and didn't need to.
Paragon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 23rd, 2014, 11:17 AM
Okay, I came up with something for this, but its not working. I suspect the problem is that I'm not correctly identifying what the program is storing the variable as here; I'd assumed it was the word "bonus" in the script, but since this isn't working I'm thinking I'm wrong). Just in case the problem is in the timing or other elements, I'll try to include them all:

Phase: Final
Priority: 4000
Code:
var bonus as number
      bonus = #trait[attrAgi]
      if (bonus >= 6) then
      bonus = 6 + round(hero.child[attrAgi].field[trtRoll].value / 2,0,-1)
        endif
      perform #traitadjust[trTough,+,bonus,"Half Agility"]
Timing: Before Calc trtFinal

So, any ideas here? I could, of course, be completely missing the boat since I kind of kitbashed some of the code from the Toughness calculation itself and the Tough As Nails edge together to get this. The test didn't have any objections, but as it is, it doesn't actually seem to do anything.
Paragon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old August 23rd, 2014, 12:48 PM
I could be wrong, but you might play around with the Phase and Priority. If you haven't already.

Last edited by jbearwillis; August 23rd, 2014 at 12:51 PM.
jbearwillis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 23rd, 2014, 07:23 PM
I'll give it a try; I did a bit of fiddling with the Timing, but didn't try anything with those two.
Paragon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old August 23rd, 2014, 09:33 PM
Try Final 5000, without any of the "Before Calc trtFinal".

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 24th, 2014, 05:53 AM
What is this line meant to do?

It looks like it's only run if Agility is greater than d12. (Keeping in mind that a value of 7 in that instance is equivalent to d12+1, 8 is d12+2, and so on.) I don't know the text of the ability in question is why I'm asking just to see if that is going to do what you want it to.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 24th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
What is this line meant to do?

Its from the basic Toughness calculation, and from what I understand, its to deal with what is supposed to happen, as you note, for attributes about 12.

Quote:

It looks like it's only run if Agility is greater than d12. (Keeping in mind that a value of 7 in that instance is equivalent to d12+1, 8 is d12+2, and so on.) I don't know the text of the ability in question is why I'm asking just to see if that is going to do what you want it to.
Yeah, while I don't expect to generate a Thin Man with Agility that high, they do default to d10, so I figured I might as well include it.
Paragon is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 24th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
Try Final 5000, without any of the "Before Calc trtFinal".
Could you expand on this a bit? I thought you had to have something in the Timing box.
Paragon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote