Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 24th, 2020, 10:32 AM
New Features
  • Added support for Patron and Apprentice accounts

Changes and improvements
  • Lead characters and their minions can now be assigned separate allegiance and camera placement during tactical mode (they are still intrinsically linked outside of tactical mode)

Client bug fixes
  • Fixed errors changing allegiance and camera placement for characters during tactical mode

Game Mechanics
  • PF2 - Clerics and Champions of a deity whose Favored Weapon is the Fist will always show the fist among the weapons on the printout, the way a monk does.
  • SR6 - Weapon Foci were adding to AR, instead of the weapon's dice pool.
  • SR6 - The Learn a New Complex Form advancement could not select programs to be emulated.
  • SR6 - Increasing Magic with an advancement did not add to Adept Power Points.
  • SR6 - the High Pain Tolerance quality was not functioning.
  • SR6 - Advancements that have not had a specific skill/spell/quality chosen for them yet were not reporting this as an error.

Last edited by SteveT; February 25th, 2020 at 10:01 AM.
Joe is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
gnomatsu

Old February 25th, 2020, 10:23 AM
This sucks and was not what i was expecting.

I thought demo accounts would be able to access my campaigns and content much like Dnd beyond which is a proven model.

Instead my players have to pay five bucks a quarter. I know its small but theres always one who won't pay, and its creates an obstacle to play or me enforcing herolab usage.

Why can we have a level higher than patron where I can pay more to allow demo players in my campaign.

If we don't get this, I'm out I'm afraid. Just let me pay you more as the GM please!
gnomatsu is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 25th, 2020, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomatsu View Post
Why can we have a level higher than patron where I can pay more to allow demo players in my campaign.
We have discussed doing something like this internally, and may very well end up going that direction, although we have not determined a timeline yet. Keep an eye out for announcements on the topic in the future.

Please keep in mind that we are a small team and need to roll things out in stages. Going from no group licensing at all to the Patron/Apprentice model represents a massive improvement for a large number of people, and it was a lot of work on its own. Now that we've put this out as a foundation, we can begin to refine it to cover additional cases.

Last edited by Joe; February 25th, 2020 at 10:40 AM.
Joe is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old February 25th, 2020, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomatsu View Post
This sucks and was not what i was expecting.

I thought demo accounts would be able to access my campaigns and content much like Dnd beyond which is a proven model.

Instead my players have to pay five bucks a quarter. I know its small but theres always one who won't pay, and its creates an obstacle to play or me enforcing herolab usage.

If we don't get this, I'm out I'm afraid. Just let me pay you more as the GM please!
since you posted this here as well as in the other thread i'll repeat what i said there:

there's nothing stopping you from buying accounts for other people. Just create some Apprentice accounts at 5 bucks each and hand out the logins to your players if you want.

also, players with Demo accounts can join your HLO Campaign already. they just won't be able to share all your extra purchased content unless they have at least an Apprentice account.
dacoobob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Paydronian

Old February 25th, 2020, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
There's nothing stopping you from buying accounts for other people. Just create some Apprentice accounts at 5 bucks each and hand out the logins to your players if you want.
Yeah, I'm confused as to what that person is complaining about. If they want the option to pay more money so their players don't have to bother with it, it's right there. Create seperate accounts at 5 bucks a pop and hand them out. What's the big deal? That way you only have to pay for people that want to use the service. I've got two at my table that refuse to use a laptop at all. So I've only have to fork out $10 every 4 months for the other two to join in the Theater. I like it better this way, personally, now you're not paying for people that aren't going to use it anyway.
Paydronian is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aventhar

Old February 25th, 2020, 11:30 AM
Hi Joe - A question about the new account service levels - Just want to clarify...

If My GM has the Patron Level, and I have the standard level, and I have purchased several add-on modules, Can I use that content in a campaign created by my GM even if they have not purchased that content?

Thanks,
Aventhar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 25th, 2020, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventhar View Post
Hi Joe - A question about the new account service levels - Just want to clarify...

If My GM has the Patron Level, and I have the standard level, and I have purchased several add-on modules, Can I use that content in a campaign created by my GM even if they have not purchased that content?

Thanks,
You have to choose whether you want to use your content, or theirs. This option is presented to you now when you create/import a character into their campaign. You can't use a combination of both your content and their content in a single character, at this time. But each character can make a separate choice.
Joe is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aventhar

Old February 25th, 2020, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
You have to choose whether you want to use your content, or theirs. This option is presented to you now when you create/import a character into their campaign. You can't use a combination of both your content and their content in a single character, at this time. But each character can make a separate choice.
Great - Thanks!
Aventhar is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
sarusch1

Old February 25th, 2020, 12:00 PM
"Content sharing can be applied to up to four campaigns at the same time" is there a limit to how many players can be in a campaign/a limit to players in general?
sarusch1 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old February 25th, 2020, 12:02 PM
Are you going to be working on a family subscription that allows more then one instance of your HLO up at one time? I know many people are looking for that, especially family units that play Paizo organized play.

Edit: Still waiting on the ability to track Fame in PF2...

Last edited by Dragnmoon; February 25th, 2020 at 12:13 PM.
Dragnmoon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote