Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

jamccloud

Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:10 AM
Hey everyone, I have a couple of simple questions about the exporting features, and would like to know if anyone can help me out. One of my players has an 5th level sorcerer, 6th level Dragon Disciple, and I'm trying to convert her sheet to HL & print it out for her.

1. Where on the exported character sheet is the Concentration DC for her spells?
2. The description text for her special abilities (specifically the claws & bite attack, and the blindsense ability) is incomplete and cut-off. How do I get all of it to show?
3. She gains special attacks of claws and bite, but they are not showing up on her list of weapons. I tried adding a custom weapon, but "claw" and "bite" are not listed as base weapons. How do I fix this?
4. How do I go about creating robes with magical enhancements? I don't see "Robe" or "Clothing" as a base item.

Thanks for your help!
jamccloud is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 23rd, 2011, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamccloud View Post
1. Where on the exported character sheet is the Concentration DC for her spells?
Um I am assuming your asking for the Concentration value (ie what the character + is). That does not currently print on the character sheet. To help things out until it does I created a Community add on that makes Concentration back into a skill that will auto-calc its value and show on printed sheets. See THIS post for more details.

Quote:
2. The description text for her special abilities (specifically the claws & bite attack, and the blindsense ability) is incomplete and cut-off. How do I get all of it to show?
Currently HL only shows about 3 sentences worth of text. When we get Customizable character sheets I am really hoping we will be able to change this. As my own players find they wish they had the full details also.

Quote:
3. She gains special attacks of claws and bite, but they are not showing up on her list of weapons. I tried adding a custom weapon, but "claw" and "bite" are not listed as base weapons. How do I fix this?
Go to the In-Play tab and under "Activated Abilities" is a Magic Claws & Energy Bite with a check mark you can place next to it. When you place a check mark on that ability the claws and bites show up in the Weapon Section of the character sheet. So just turn that on before printing.

Quote:
4. How do I go about creating robes with magical enhancements? I don't see "Robe" or "Clothing" as a base item.
I am assuming here you want to make a set of +1 Robes? You can't actually do that as Robes have no AC so they can't be enchanted to give more AC.

Now then with that said HL is really cool as you can create this stuff yourself. In the editor you could create a new set of armor named robe with everything set to 0. Which is basically what a robe would be and then you could enchant that item. I attached a zip file with a .user file that creates a Robe if you want to add it.

Hope that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PFRPG_Robe.zip (343 Bytes, 0 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jamccloud

Old January 24th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Excellent information. Thank you very much for explaining how the software works, and for posting the links. Do you know if there is there a release date for these customizable character sheets?
jamccloud is offline   #3 Reply With Quote