Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Daelda

Old July 25th, 2017, 07:34 AM
Greetings all,
I know that this is not directly Realm Works related, but it may be of interest to those of us who use Realm Works in conjunction with miniatures. If this is the wrong place to post this, or inappropriate, please let me know.

Recently I stumbled upon a relatively new Kickstarter called "Hand of Glory: Modular Magnetic Gaming Miniatures " - This seems like an excellent set of miniatures with which to customize PCs and NPCs alike.

"Hand of Glory is a new type of gaming miniature with a very cool twist: each Hand of Glory figure and accessory is magnetized using tiny rare-earth magnets. This means for the first time, you will be able to change your character on the fly.

Since everything in the Hand of Glory line is magnetized, your character can swap out weapons and items to use whatever your adventure calls for. Since all accessories work with all figures, you can easily customize your character’s loadout and pick up new items along your journey. You can level up your character, swap weapons with allies, and steal items from foes. Use Hand of Glory to tell your own story.

This project is inspired by open-world RPG video games, such as Skyrim and The Witcher (which, of course are based on D&D and other classic tabletop RPGs!). In the video game world, we love collecting and trading weapons, customizing loadouts for specific battles, managing inventory, experimenting with powerful dual-wielded weapon combinations, and searching for unique items along the way. We're super excited to bring this open-world video game feel back to tabletop gaming!

There are 9 Heroes in this first collection, and 2 add-on figures. They are Heroic scale (32mm) and range in size from 25mm to 40mm. Each figure is made from pewter (unpainted) and includes a 25mm slotted base and rare-earth magnets to install into the arms.

Each highly detailed pewter accessory universally fits on ALL of the figures. In our first line, we are offering 3 different weapon and item series, and a handful of add-on items. There are swords, axes, shields, warhammers, magical items, potions, crossbows, torches, and even a dragon familiar! We have over 100 unique items, and all of them can be used by ANY of the figures.

The Basic Pledge includes Series 1 weapons & items (15 total accessories)
The Advanced Pledge includes BOTH Series 1 and Series 2 weapons & items (45 total accessories)
The Heroic and Legendary Pledges include ALL THREE Series (over 105 total accessories!) "

I have pledged to the Kickstarter, but otherwise, I am not associated with the company or the product. I just find it interesting and potentially quite useful! Take a look, if you like it, add a pledge. If not, look around Kickstarter - I often find interesting things there.

Currently HoG has mostly male miniatures, but they are looking to add more females to their lineup in the not-too-distant future, and are willing to take suggestions about types of miniatures that people want. I hope that you look into it. Thanks.

Hawk

Last edited by Daelda; July 25th, 2017 at 10:18 AM.
Daelda is offline   #1 Reply With Quote