Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

TheProgramer

Old August 14th, 2019, 04:17 PM
Is there functionality to change stats when using the shape spells such as wild shape?
TheProgramer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old August 15th, 2019, 07:20 AM
Adventuring tab --> Temporary Adjustments
dacoobob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheProgramer

Old August 22nd, 2019, 05:53 PM
I didn't find it there, can you be specific as to the name of the adjustment?
TheProgramer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old August 23rd, 2019, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProgramer View Post
I didn't find it there, can you be specific as to the name of the adjustment?
You have to create custom adjustments for every stat that changes when you Wildshape-- i.e. one adjustment for AC, another one for reflex saves, etc etc. (those are examples, i have no idea what stats Wildshape actually changes.)

Once you're created the adjustements they should show up on the Play tab, so you can enable/disable them relatively easily whenever you wildshape/unwildshape.

Eventually Wildshape will probably get implemented as a feature, but for now Temp Adjustments are the workaround.
dacoobob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Banpai

Old September 13th, 2019, 12:37 AM
I was just toying around with my Druid, and it seems that while wild morph and some similar spells that just add stuff to your character are implemented, but not the full transformation spells like animal form.
Kinda disappointing.
Banpai is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old September 13th, 2019, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banpai View Post
I was just toying around with my Druid, and it seems that while wild morph and some similar spells that just add stuff to your character are implemented, but not the full transformation spells like animal form.
Kinda disappointing.
i bought in to HLO way back when it first released for Starfinder... and the thought "it seems that X is implemented, but not Y. kinda disappointing" still pretty much sums up my overall experience with the whole project so far.
dacoobob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 17th, 2019, 06:02 AM
Have any of you sent this in as a bug? It's the best way to show us the steps you're taking and how you got the errors you're talking about. Goes right to the devs. Thanks!
Lj Stephens is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old April 25th, 2020, 11:10 PM
I'm going to revive this thread. It's been 6 months and Pathfinder 2E Druid still doesn't have Wild Shape Spell Adjustment. While you could work around it (in theory) by doing numerous temporary adjustments to achieve the same effect there are two problems with that. That is suboptimal, especially with some of my less savy players. But the bigger problem is that all the necessary adjustments don't exist.

Just the base information from Animal Form:
http://2e.aonprd.com/Spells.aspx?ID=10
- AC = 16 + your level. Ignore your armor's check penalty and Speed reduction.
- 5 temporary Hit Points.
- Low-light vision and imprecise scent 30 feet.
- One or more unarmed melee attacks specific to the battle form you choose, which are the only attacks you can use. You're trained with them. Your attack modifier is +9, and your damage bonus is +1. These attacks are Strength based (for the purpose of the enfeebled condition, for example). If your unarmed attack bonus is higher, you can use it instead.
- Athletics modifier of +9, unless your own modifier is higher.

Let's take these in order:
- AC = 16+ your level. Ignore your armor's check penalty and Speed reduction.
----- Closest I could find was AC Modification, but that first requires the player to calculate what the AC should be (not hard) and compare to current... but doesn't take into account the second part. So when casting Wild Shape you'd have to unequip armor in HLO, then activate this adjustment.
- 5 temporary Hit Points
----- Closest I could find was Hit Points which just changes your maximum. Not entirely accurate, but guess it works.
- Low-light vision and imprecise scent 30 feet
----- Requires 2 Temporary Added Abilities (Low-Light Vision, Scent). These don't show up on the Play tab, therefore have to navigate to a different tab to activate.
- Athletics modifier of +9, unless your own modifier is higher.
----- I couldn't find and adjustment for this at all. There is one to give you more Skill Training Increases and one to change the ability score used by a skill. But there isn't one to change the final value of a skill.

Then there are the specific forms:
Generally these are speed changes/additions and natural attacks. I cannot find any adjustments (temporary, permanent or ability) to add natural attacks of any kind (claw, jaw, horn, etc). You can create a Custom Weapon, but then there is no way to turn it on/off and the Customize Strike won't allow me to alter it so it incorrectly thinks I'm not trained in this new custom weapon making the attack bonus significantly lower than other weapons. There is no adjustment for Speed to adjust it up/down per the form.

TL;DR - There isn't a Spell Adjustment for Wild Shape and there are a number of missing adjustments necessary to work around that problem. It is impossible to play a Wild Shaping druid with HLO in the current state.
Valdacil is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 25th, 2020, 11:25 PM
@Valdacil: As LJ stated previously, I hope you put this in a bug report or an email to support. If you did, then you'll just have to wait, unfortunately.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old April 27th, 2020, 10:43 AM
Thanks Valdacil for bringing this back up. Wild Shape functionality was already overdue six months ago.

LW, any word?
dacoobob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote