Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 7th, 2017, 09:30 AM
In case you missed it in our latest news post, the content submission guidelines are available now! These guidelines apply to both publishers and community content.

Have fun creating!

Last edited by BJ; April 17th, 2019 at 09:29 AM.
BJ is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old February 7th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Great news! I bet a lot of the creators here were waiting for this!

Quick question from someone who a) didn't toy with import/export yet and b) doesn't have the time right now for more than a quick glance at the guidelines:

Can small things like an item or a single NPC be submitted for the content market or does everything need to be at least a questline, fully fleshed out location or campaign?

Personally, I would rather get such small things from the market when I lack the time to prepare every detail before a session than having to buy big modules of which I probably only use small parts.
Merion is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 7th, 2017, 11:58 AM
The guidelines certainly envision single items. Not really sure if anyone will bother with single NPC's but I could see people doing inn's and tavern or other such.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 7th, 2017, 04:54 PM
It's unlikely just one item would make it through the submission process unless it was an extremely spectacular item. You could absolutely design a product that has numerous items though.
BJ is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 7th, 2017, 04:59 PM
We need a cheat sheet. A one-pager check-list.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 8th, 2017, 01:39 PM
I'm not all that great at writing detailed adventures or campaigns. I can write a detailed backstory, detailed characters and places. But in terms of a play-by-play to get from point A to point B, I'm not all that great.

My adventures tend to be frameworks. Here's the backstory. Here's the entry point for the PCs. This is their end goal. This is the list of people, places and things, along with the information they can discover from each.

How you use everything to get from point A to point B is entirely up to how you, as a GM, choose to run the game and how your group, as players, interact with the people, places and things.

Is this the sort of thing that would fit within the submission guidelines? Or should submitted adventures be more scripted and polished?
EightBitz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 9th, 2017, 02:23 AM
Quote:
All topics and articles in official content are expected to utilize the same, consistent set of underlying categories – those pre-defined within Realm Works. This is critically important to ensure that content from a diverse range of sources all weaves together seamlessly for users. In general, the specific category to be utilized for a purpose can be determined from the description of the various categories. For a more nuanced discussion of the subject, significantly more detail can be found in the “Realm Works Tips & Tricks” guide, which is installed with the product document.
If a category is not fit for purpose... is it acceptable to create a new one? How will an export / import handle that?

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 9th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
If a category is not fit for purpose... is it acceptable to create a new one? How will an export / import handle that?
If it is for official content, maybe having a word with LWD will allow them to either suggest the category, or add a new official category.
Farling is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 9th, 2017, 10:46 AM
In terms of 3rd party content I think it's going to be quite common to find alternative category requirements. Due to OGL issues it's very common to not use official names for things. Now in the situation where content is being prepared for the market and that content is released under OGL we have to avoid using the original category right?

Currently my need is different. It's a supplement that adds new elements to the category and ideally I don't sent to create the tags manually for a large number of articles.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 9th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
In terms of 3rd party content I think it's going to be quite common to find alternative category requirements. Due to OGL issues it's very common to not use official names for things. Now in the situation where content is being prepared for the market and that content is released under OGL we have to avoid using the original category right?

Or some nice person ensures that the official Paizo books have the OGL name as an alias of the same topic :-)
Farling is offline   #10 Reply With Quote