Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Mattaui

Old September 13th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I just purchased AB and now that I've downloaded it and installed it and tried to go through the license activation process, it keeps failing at the very end, telling me it can't reach the servers. Further, it won't even download new data files for the same reason. Is there just an outage right now, or is something else going on? Thanks in advance for the information.
Mattaui is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
nautallica

Old September 15th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I am having same problem.
nautallica is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 15th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Try temporarily disabling your security program/firewall. That's been the problem for others who have had similar problems.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 21st, 2008, 06:34 PM
At 10:10 PM 9/13/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
I just purchased AB and now that I've downloaded it and installed it and tried to go through the license activation process, it keeps failing at the very end, telling me it can't reach the servers. Further, it won't even download new data files for the same reason. Is there just an outage right now, or is something else going on? Thanks in advance for the information.
This behavior means that it's 99.9% likely that you're internet security is blocking AB's ability to access the internet successfully. Disabling the firewall, as has been suggested, is a useful temporary solution. However, you should properly configure your internet security so that AB is granted access to the internet. Then you'll be able to access the Updates mechanism regularly, in addition to getting your license activated properly.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jamestownmutha

Old October 2nd, 2008, 06:04 PM
I'm not sure if everyone figured this out by now but I'm running Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and I couldn't activate my license even with Norton Internet Security Disabled. I later found out that if you run army build in compatibility mode, then you could activate the software just fine.
jamestownmutha is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
briohmar

Old October 16th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Quote:
I'm not sure if everyone figured this out by now but I'm running Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and I couldn't activate my license even with Norton Internet Security Disabled. I later found out that if you run army build in compatibility mode, then you could activate the software just fine.
So how do I run in compatability mode? Because clearly this is my problem.
briohmar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote