Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 9th, 2013, 10:44 AM
This is a pretty ugly one. After someone posted that they added Senses (Low Light Vision) with Check Required 11 as part of a Linked Power in a Device and gotten 10 extra pp for the other Linked Power, I checked it out. Turns out, you can add directly to the character such a power and gain 10 extra pp. Isn't there supposed to be code making every power cost at least 1 pp?

He also rediscovered the nested Alternate Forms bug, this time involving nested Devices, and commented on how Noticeable can be added to base non-subtle powers.
Duggan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 2nd, 2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
This is a pretty ugly one. After someone posted that they added Senses (Low Light Vision) with Check Required 11 as part of a Linked Power in a Device and gotten 10 extra pp for the other Linked Power, I checked it out. Turns out, you can add directly to the character such a power and gain 10 extra pp. Isn't there supposed to be code making every power cost at least 1 pp?

He also rediscovered the nested Alternate Forms bug, this time involving nested Devices, and commented on how Noticeable can be added to base non-subtle powers.
Oww! My head! Gee thanks Duggan for bringing back the memories of the old back & forth "discussions" about how the rules in 2nd Edition specified that there is always a minimum cost of 1 power point no matter what price reducer or combination of reducers you stick onto a power/trait/ability. For the record, I was on the "follow the written rules" side of the "discussions."

So yes, there is that requirement in 2nd Edition rules & in the 2nd Edition version of M&M for Hero Lab but I have done nothing with the 3rd Edition of M&M so,....perhaps the authors gave in to the "I want things for free" crowd and removed that rule?

Nigel Fogg, a.k.a. The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old July 4th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Nope, it's there in 3rd Edition as well.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CmdrRaster

Old July 12th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Admins? This topic has been open since May, with no replies from the dev team. Help?
CmdrRaster is offline   #4 Reply With Quote