Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

DeltaMasterMind

Old December 10th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Ok the Hexes should now respond accordingly. Seems Fierce Intelligence had what I needed to rework the Archetype. It now applies to abDC and abDuration if any other fields need fixing let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: email Scarred Witch Doctor (Pre-Errata).user (5.0 KB, 38 views)
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Tweedledope

Old December 10th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind View Post
Ok the Hexes should now respond accordingly. Seems Fierce Intelligence had what I needed to rework the Archetype. It now applies to abDC and abDuration if any other fields need fixing let me know.
I hope this message reaches you. I'm pretty new to Hero Lab and I've been looking for a way to roll Scarred Witch Doctor back. I've downloaded the file but how do I import it into Hero Lab?
Tweedledope is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old December 18th, 2017, 02:40 AM
Just copy the file into your Pathfinder data directory and you are done!
The location is usually C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\pathfinder
Btw ProgramData is hidden in file explorer. You should be able to copy the address above and paste it into your Windows Explorer. It changes a bit if you use Linux and Wine.
Once you get access to that location just copy that .user file into it and run herolab.

If you find this a bit challenging a second solution is to load herolab and the game system the file belongs to (5e), just click ok to the new portfolio and look under Tools, you will find HLExport, run it. Then you can use the program to find the user file, under game folder (direct it to where you download files) and select that file. Under Third party id, name and version just put SWD Scarred Witch Doctor (pre-errata) and 1.0.
Select where you want that file to be made and run the program.
Once this is all done you can run the new .HL file and it will offer to import the file for you directly, plus you will have it under your third party updates under Tools, in-case you ever needed to delete it.

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.

Last edited by DeltaMasterMind; December 18th, 2017 at 06:13 PM.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old February 4th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Sorry to necro, but is Int supposed to still increase the Hex and spell DCs?
Pooptickler is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old February 5th, 2018, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooptickler View Post
Sorry to necro, but is Int supposed to still increase the Hex and spell DCs?
No. This thread is concerned with the Pre-Errata version: "Constitution Dependent: A scarred witch doctor uses Constitution instead of Intelligence when determining the highest level of spells she can cast, her spell save DCs, number of spells known at 1st level, and any effects of her hexes normally determined by her Intelligence."
Are you asking if this is the case, or saying that the user file posted here works on INT not CON?

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is online now   #15 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old February 5th, 2018, 06:59 AM
I'm saying the file is using both to calculate Hex DCs.
Pooptickler is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
adinafurniture

Old February 6th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSFGreyFox View Post
Does anyone have the data file (or could recreate it) for the pre-errata scarred witch doctor? The one with Constitution dependency and all that. If someone does, could you give me a download link or something so I can use that version of the archetype? Thanks in advance
I have the same problem

صندلی کارشناسی
adinafurniture is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 6th, 2018, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooptickler View Post
I'm saying the file is using both to calculate Hex DCs.
The issue is with the eval script on the archetype:

PostAttributes 10000
Code:
      ~ Find any hexes taken by this class which have DCs, and add CON
      foreach pick in hero from BaseCustSp where "StandardDC.aINT & CustTaken.cHelpWit"
        eachpick.field[abDC].value += hero.child[aCON].field[aBonus].value
        eachpick.field[abDuration].value += hero.child[aCON].field[aBonus].value
        nexteach
There isn't an easy way to change over the duration calculations, but the way it should go to switch DC calc would be to move the script earlier and change the StandardDC tag. Like so:

PostLevels 10000
Code:
      ~ Find any hexes taken by this class which have DCs, and switch them to using CON
      foreach pick in hero from BaseCustSp where "StandardDC.aINT & CustTaken.cHelpWit"
        perform eachpick.tagreplace[StandardDC.aINT,StandardDC.aCON]
        nexteach
Aaron is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old June 9th, 2018, 08:05 AM
Here is a updated file that takes Aaron's advice and makes the duration con only.
Attached Files
File Type: email Scarred Witch Doctor (Pre-Errata).user (5.2 KB, 33 views)

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #19 Reply With Quote