Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hberthou

Old September 18th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Hey

New to the forum, but have used Hero Lab a lot. Great program, thanks for that.

I have tried to search the forum, but I don't think this has been brought up before.

And I'm not sure if it should be a bug repport, so please tell me if it should.

I'm trying to make a Sylvan Sorcerer 1/Hunter 1, both gives you an Animal Companion.
(The problem is the same if you take Druid instead of the Hunter)

The levels should stack, so it would give you an Animal Companion with an effective druide level of 2, but Hero lab keeps it at 1, until you take your 4th Hunter level (so you now are Sylvan Sorcerer 1/Hunter 4)

This happens, no matter what order you tak the levels in.

So if you start with 3 Hunter levels and then take a level of Sylvan Sorcerer, then your Animal Companion goes from effective level 3 to effective level 1.

The Hunter Animal companion rule:
At 1st level, a hunter forms a bond with an animal companion. A hunter may begin play with any of the animals available to a druid. This animal is a loyal companion that accompanies the hunter on her adventures. This ability functions like the druid animal companion ability (which is part of the nature bond class feature). The hunter's effective druid level is equal to her hunter level.

The Sylvan Sorcerer Animal companion rule:
At 1st level, you gain an animal companion. Your effective druid level for this ability is equal to your sorcerer level – 3 (minimum 1st)

The Sylvan Sorcerer rule shouldn't substract from the effective Animal Companion level given from other classes and should allways add minimum 1 to the Animal Companions effective level because of the "(minimum 1st)"-part.
Hberthou is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 18th, 2014, 02:24 PM
If you find a bug, please report it using the stickied thread at the top of the forums.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Hberthou

Old September 20th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Okay, I have done that.

Didn't know If you would consider this a bug or if it was the way you understod the rules, but it is reportet now.
Hberthou is offline   #3 Reply With Quote