Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Chemlak

Old March 13th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Not sure if this is the right spot to be raising this:

Mythic Tiers aren't being used in the APL calculation displayed on the dashboard. I have a party of 8th level characters with Mythic Tier 4, so they should come in at APL 10, but are showing as 8.
Chemlak is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Aaron C

Old March 17th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Keep receiving the following error every time I click on the encounter button:

Quote:
HeroLab.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Please email a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible, along with this message, to support@wolflair.com. PLEASE NOTE: Unless you tell us what you were doing, we won't have enough information to fix this problem!

Right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy these details, or you can find them in this file: C:\Users\ACEME_~1\AppData\Local\Temp\lwderror9288. txt

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe
4.3b 410

major: 6, minor: 2, build: 9200, platform: 2, version: , spmaj: 0, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x0047c746
Type: bad read

Yes, yes. I know what THAC0 means, and remember when the lower the AC the harder it was to hit. I remember the most fearsome monster ever was the tarrasque! I am a veteran of the Old Guard of Grognards!
Aaron C is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old March 22nd, 2014, 11:25 AM
I noticed the APL in a portfolio with multiple characters (who have hirelings/familiars/companions attached to those characters) is calculating out the APL with the CR/levels of their attached Hirelings/familiars/companions. For example, my part of four 7th level characters shows an APL of 6 due to a pet parrot (CR 1/6) and a hawk familiar (CR 1/3). Can the APL be set to ignore hireling/familiars/companions?

Matt Droz Community material (Forgotten Realms & Non-SRD/Retro)
Matt Droz is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Nogard

Old March 22nd, 2014, 12:01 PM
Wanted to report a strange bug with the latest beta.
When the Encounter window is refreshing data, it is not clearing the data from before, so is creating two layers of text overlapping each other.

Screenshot is attached.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 19.59.15.png (468.8 KB, 14 views)
Nogard is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Alassirana

Old March 23rd, 2014, 04:47 AM
I've played around a little with the beta, and the only real problem I have is how slowly it changes position...It is basically impossible to simply scroll through the list to find creatures for the encounter (and I have no lack of memory, 12 gigs on this machine). Is there any way perhaps to make this better by putting in a link or button that will allow you to pick which ecl of creatures you want to look through, so that it's easier to get to the types that you want for the encounter? Another thing that would make it easier would be allowing people to sort via creature types or terrain.

As for the survey, each time I try to click on it, it says 'thank you for taking this survey' but there is no survey to take.

Alassirana
Alassirana is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
karrel

Send a message via MSN to karrel

Old March 23rd, 2014, 09:54 AM
sugestion to the ppl who are incharge, is there any way that you can make it so one can show just a curtain CR, instead of having to scoll threw all the CR's just bring up like say CR's 5
karrel is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 24th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogard View Post
Wanted to report a strange bug with the latest beta.
When the Encounter window is refreshing data, it is not clearing the data from before, so is creating two layers of text overlapping each other.

Screenshot is attached.
Thanks for flagging this! We'll have this resolved in the next release.
Colen is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Aleslosh

Old March 24th, 2014, 02:21 PM
This latest build continues to show improvements of previous builds. However, I would still like to see the ability to filter by CR and/or terrain.
Aleslosh is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
jackbrownii

Old July 26th, 2014, 09:27 AM
It would be nice to be able to search by name only, or at least have that option. Even a whole word search option would be nice. If I type in "rat" into the search box, it narrows the options down to 2324/3484 characters.

Really, all I'm looking for are varieties of rats.
jackbrownii is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
JackJudge

Old August 10th, 2014, 11:57 PM
Goblin, 1st-Level Warrior has a listed CR of 3.
JackJudge is offline   #20 Reply With Quote