Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EightBitz

Old January 12th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoz View Post
Except that one time when it WAS Lupus, and he was too stubborn to notice?
I believe he eventually said something like "I finally have a case of lupus." I don't recall how long it took him to admit that.
EightBitz is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 12th, 2017, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
Okay, I've minded my own business for long enough.

Rob, WTF is wrong with you?

I've heard everything from Food Poisoning to Systemic Lupus Erythematosus to full blown stage IV Pancreatic Cancer.

Seriously bro, what's up with your health?
This is the internet. A place where some people feel obligated to make wild guesses and portray them as fact. And where others make wild guesses out of jest that still others somehow interpret as fact and repeat as such. Sometimes, it's deliberate, but usually it's just carelessness on the part of posters or readers. So far, all I've seen is well-intended wild guesses (clearly portrayed as such) and a little fun with the "House" references, which are all perfectly fine with me (loved that show).

I have NO idea where you heard it was cancer, though. That just made me go WTF?!?!

I have no desire to make my personal health stuff a matter of public discussion beyond the fact that is has impacted our ability to deliver on our promises. So let's leave it at the following: the diagnosis wasn't good, but it's certainly not fatal, and there is a clear (but not fast) path to recovery, which I'm now on. So the health situation for me will still impact us for a bit longer while I complete my recovery, after which all should be good again. That's all I intend to say on the subject.
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old January 12th, 2017, 04:26 PM
"It's not a TUMA!"

YEA!
Grey Mage is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 12th, 2017, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I have no desire to make my personal health stuff a matter of public discussion beyond the fact that is has impacted our ability to deliver on our promises. So let's leave it at the following: the diagnosis wasn't good, but it's certainly not fatal, and there is a clear (but not fast) path to recovery, which I'm now on. So the health situation for me will still impact us for a bit longer while I complete my recovery, after which all should be good again. That's all I intend to say on the subject.
Hope you continue to improve and get better soon!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 12th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
That's as it should be. But you can always make things up. A few years ago, I was walking around with my arm in a bandage for a while. A rather large bandage that covered almost the entire length of my forearm. Naturally, person after person after person would ask "what happened to your arm?"

It was a long, stupid story, and I got sick of explaining it and of brushing it off, so I decided to make life interesting. The next person who asked me, a cashier at a cafeteria I frequented, I said, "I bumped it against a large block of cheese."

"Cheese?" with a look of incomprehension on his face.

"Yeah. It was sharp cheddar."

Then a smile followed by, "OK, what are you having today?"

Next person was a building security guard at a building I often visited. "What happened to your arm?"

"Huh? Oh, I bought a car."

"A car?"

"Yeah. They normally cost an arm and a leg, but I got one one sale." Another smile and a laugh.

I don't recall the next person who asked, but I told him I was abducted by aliens. Guy just gave me a look. I continued with "I got stuck with a trainee. He didn't understand enough human biology to know where to put the probe. He took a guess and got it wrong. I'm not sure if I'm worse off or better off for it."

He still just gave me this look. Two out three ain't bad, right?

Anyway, if you're going to suffer through it, you may as well let out your inner role player and have fun with it. :-D
EightBitz is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old January 12th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Deleted

Last edited by Pollution; February 17th, 2017 at 09:42 AM.
Pollution is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old January 12th, 2017, 09:57 PM
9 years ago I was in a fatal car accident (I died a bunch of times) that left me a high functioning quadriplegic with a lower leg amputation. As it is, I get asked all the time what happened. I like to tell people that I fought a bear, since I live in Canada...seems legit
ErinRigh is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 13th, 2017, 02:01 AM
I have a chronic health condition that results in me having a very obvious difference on my forearm. When random nosy person asks "what is that?" or "what is wrong with you" they are likely to get all kinds of colorful lies.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old January 13th, 2017, 09:39 AM
Best of luck Rob.

I hope you gain strength from your family and manage to stay positive throughout.
adzling is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
thekwp

Old January 13th, 2017, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Anyway, if you're going to suffer through it, you may as well let out your inner role player and have fun with it. :-D
My wife always starts her story about how she broke her ankle with "So, there I was in the pacific northwest, working undercover for Interpol, when I was attacked by three ninja trained bears..."

(The real story is terribly boring, but the actual story after breaking her ankle to get her down the mountain is fun enough, involving as it does four very experienced hikers, a set of park rangers, a troop of boy scouts working toward eagle scout status, an off duty EMT leading said troop, and Kit the Llama Lady.)
thekwp is offline   #20 Reply With Quote