Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kbs666

Old December 4th, 2015, 03:28 PM
About this feature, if you have an article that shares a name with a tag, say Halfling (for the language), that matches a tag and you do not have the linker actually create a link, because the link wouldn't be appropriate it blocks the snippet tag assignment . I'm not sure if that is what is desired.

I was messing around with this today and could not figure out why an existing snippet would never create a tag for Halfling despite the word being in the snippet and when I made a test snippet it became apparent that the conflict was with my Halfling language article which I have set to priority never to keep it from trying to link to every mention of halfling in my realm.
kbs666 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 4th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
I'm still getting strange search result too. I did a search for "dragon" and the "Hill Dwarf" topic was returned in the search. There is no reference to dragons or any dragon tags in that article so I don't know why RW selected it for the search. When I search for the "Dragon" tag I get the results I expect. I don't know if keyword searches are bugged or if I am just not understanding how they work.
I'm not sure what's happening for you either. There aren't any bugs in the full-text search logic that would explain this. It's possible that something went sideways with the index itself. Try rebuilding the index by going to the Manage ribbon at the top and selecting the Rebuild Index option at the far right. Then see if things work correctly. If not, you should open a support ticket, reporting this as a bug and providing us with your database so that we can figure out what's going wrong with your realm.
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 4th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
OK, I think I am finally getting it. I didn't realize I needed to go into the "Manage Tags" and turn on the feature. I just went into my "Monster Type" Tag and turned on the auto detection. Now when I scan a snippet with the word "Giant", for example, it adds that tag to the snippet. This is a great feature that will save me loads of time. I'm betting a lot of people don't fully understand this feature or how to use it.
We just added this with the major upgrade in October. Since it introduces more work sorting through tags for users, we opted to have it disabled by default. It's definitely a more advanced feature, albeit extremely useful for those who want to leverage it.

You'll find some important details about the feature in the Release Notes from build 201, where this feature was introduced.
rob is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 4th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
About this feature, if you have an article that shares a name with a tag, say Halfling (for the language), that matches a tag and you do not have the linker actually create a link, because the link wouldn't be appropriate it blocks the snippet tag assignment . I'm not sure if that is what is desired.

I was messing around with this today and could not figure out why an existing snippet would never create a tag for Halfling despite the word being in the snippet and when I made a test snippet it became apparent that the conflict was with my Halfling language article which I have set to priority never to keep it from trying to link to every mention of halfling in my realm.
This sounds like a bug. Please open a support ticket and outline the problem there. Assuming it's a bug, we'll then figure out what's messed up and get it fixed.
rob is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 6th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Now that I've started playing with this, I noticed a strange result this morning where the tag of Community Size: Other was erroneously tagged onto a stat block in a text snippet as the NPC had "Other Gear". This was user error on my part but it's an easy mistake to make due to my setting tags for some tag domains to auto accept.

If you start to use snippet tags, make sure that any category that has an option for "other" or a common word has auto accept turned off and maybe even has priority set to never if applicable. And be careful of using common words as snippet tags could easily become a mess. There's a reason this is off by default.

Also of particular note there appear there are limitations to the current implementation.... If you have the same tag name in multiple tag domains, only the first instance of the tag name will be reported even if all the tag names have auto accept turned on. I use "other" in the tag domains of Community Size and in Geographical Region but only Community Size was picked up every time. It seems RW stops parsing after finding a match.
AEIOU is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 7th, 2015, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Also of particular note there appear there are limitations to the current implementation.... If you have the same tag name in multiple tag domains, only the first instance of the tag name will be reported even if all the tag names have auto accept turned on. I use "other" in the tag domains of Community Size and in Geographical Region but only Community Size was picked up every time. It seems RW stops parsing after finding a match.
This sounds like it could be a bug. Please open a support ticket and report this so we can investigate it further.
rob is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 7th, 2015, 07:56 AM
Done. Thanks.
AEIOU is offline   #17 Reply With Quote