Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dark Lord Galen

Old June 25th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Has anyone incorporated the Material Components for Spells into the Gear (or even Better to a separate tab if a class requiring components is selected)? I see there are various wondrous substitutes, ie Religious artifacts and symbols, but no more "common" items such as Mercury, Incense or gem stones ( diamonds, ruby, pearls, etc) I hate to rely on "Custom Gear"
Further is there a way to have the Spells Tab check to see if the component is available on the character or see if the Eschew Materials Feat is chosen? and if Neither, grey out the spell as Unavailable?
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 26th, 2013, 05:49 AM
If you want to compile a list of all the material components needed, I would be happy to add them in. As for making spells check for components or a feat, yes its possible. It has the potential to be a massive undertaking, and its a mechanic that I think a lot of people ignore so I'm not sure how much benefit there is. If its something I could do easily, I will add it in. Otherwise, it may have to go on the backburner for a bit.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old June 26th, 2013, 05:54 AM
A very long time ago I began adding the various poisons from the Dragon Compendium / Annual.

Just those few items alone took a large chunk of my time. And they were relatively easy to do.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 26th, 2013, 04:28 PM
I did see various poisons appear after using various user created uploads (ChiefWeasel, etc)
just was not sure that was the best place if I wanted to "bootstrap" the requirment of needing the component to make the spell "available". Seems greying out those that do not have the components in a "tab" or list, would be the quick way to know what spells might be available.
As to creating a list, any help is appreciated, and I am happy to assist as well, just not sure of the best place to put such data.
As to gems, not only are they applicable to spells, but would think they would tie into the accumulated wealth as well.... certainly less cumbersome.
Thanks for the rapid response.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 27th, 2013, 06:01 AM
While I agree that gems are applicable to spells and are in general something that could be useful, gems are too variable to create them. They can be any kind of gem with any kind of value. That's why the custom gear is used instead. If you were to compile a list of spell components, you could either post it here or email me (my username at gmail).
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 29th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
While I agree that gems are applicable to spells and are in general something that could be useful, gems are too variable to create them. They can be any kind of gem with any kind of value.
I agree with gems "being valueable", but thats the point.... to create them in the "custom gear" doesn't present a means to calculate that total value of such "goods" on the PC. Since the journal tab seems to drive an aproximation at the top of the value of GP (PP,GP,SP,CP) ~XXX GP It would seem doable to also equate that to other items of value as well? Gems, jewelry, etc.
Could there not be two such "Values" one for Cash, one for other Items of worth?
As to posting, I can certainly do that, but have now Idea how to accomplish it.. as a Hero Lab file? or just drop the text in here? what format would be appropreate? Thanks
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 1st, 2013, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
I agree with gems "being valueable", but thats the point....
Variable....not valuable. Let me look at what can be done here, and we can discuss the best option.

Quote:
Could there not be two such "Values" one for Cash, one for other Items of worth?
I don't think that's something I can do with the community set.

Quote:
As to posting, I can certainly do that, but have now Idea how to accomplish it.. as a Hero Lab file? or just drop the text in here? what format would be appropreate? Thanks
Text is fine. What I'm asking for is someone to do the leg work on what components are needed so that I don't have to. I have a lot of work to do already, and if you could provide a list of spells and their needed components, that would be a great help. Then I can quickly add them in. As I said before, you can provide that list here or email me.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote