Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 17th, 2010, 08:19 PM
{nods} Posted to http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/herolab in the files sections. Separate Portfolio and User files. I'd post them here, but they're over the attachment size limit.

Last edited by Duggan; February 17th, 2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Bad URL tag
Duggan is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Drascin

Old February 23rd, 2010, 07:11 AM
Hey, Duggan, sorry to bother, but what does that file include, and (particularly) how is it used? As I said, I plain don't know a thing about the HL Editor yet, and besides, I'd have to sign up a Yahoo account and everything to be able to try the file.
Drascin is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old February 23rd, 2010, 07:16 AM
The Portfolio file has the archetypes, both heroic and enemies as well as the User file (Yahoo allows ZIP files but not the User files). The User file has the feats, powers, and such for Mecha and Manga that had not yet been inputted.
Duggan is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old February 26th, 2010, 04:36 AM
^_^ Has anyone downloaded and tried the files to see if they work for you? Admittedly, I had to cut a few corners on things where the archetypes offered multiple options.
Duggan is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old February 26th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
^_^ Has anyone downloaded and tried the files to see if they work for you? Admittedly, I had to cut a few corners on things where the archetypes offered multiple options.
I only had a passing look, but the majority of things seem to work. but I couldn't help noticing that a lot of feats seem more a placeholder, with no implemented code.
Woodclaw is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old February 27th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodclaw View Post
I only had a passing look, but the majority of things seem to work. but I couldn't help noticing that a lot of feats seem more a placeholder, with no implemented code.
*half smile* Yeah... I'm not all that great at scripting. And the Pet feats... make absolutely no sense. Instead of keeping the structure made by Minions and Sidekicks, they instead made feats for multiple minions and for heroic nature be separate and bought up to the Pet feat rank.

Hm.... actually, other than Pets and the improvised Reference Materials feat (to accommodate equipment one of the archetypes had), which feats do you feel have the potential for code? Most of them just give you more options.
Duggan is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old February 28th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
*half smile* Yeah... I'm not all that great at scripting. And the Pet feats... make absolutely no sense. Instead of keeping the structure made by Minions and Sidekicks, they instead made feats for multiple minions and for heroic nature be separate and bought up to the Pet feat rank.

Hm.... actually, other than Pets and the improvised Reference Materials feat (to accommodate equipment one of the archetypes had), which feats do you feel have the potential for code? Most of them just give you more options.
Overhelming Presence derives its range from the Chi power, so it should have some kind of code to calculate it. I don't know about the rest since I'm still evaluating them.
Woodclaw is offline   #27 Reply With Quote