Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old August 3rd, 2010, 08:17 PM
It is a totally separate data set, so the answer is "no"
SeeleyOne is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 3rd, 2010, 08:31 PM
@RPGer6409:
No. They are entirely different datasets. 3E M&M won't wipe out 2E M&M anymore than Pathfinder will wipe out 2E M&M.
Duggan is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Gothenem

Old August 8th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGer6409 View Post
A quick question so as to know what to expect. I would want to have M&M 2.0 still running while trying the M&M 3 Beta. Will downloading and installing the Beta wipe out the older version?
No it will not. The 3rd edition dataset is treated as a separate game system (just like Pathfinder or World of Darkness is).
Gothenem is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Captain Canuck

Old August 11th, 2010, 11:00 PM
So acquiring the beta would follow the rules for INITIAL ELECTRONIC LICENSE PURCHASES.\

I'm just wondering because I purchased it last night and haven't received a license email yet. So I should probably contact support. No, it's not in my junk folder.
Captain Canuck is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck View Post
So acquiring the beta would follow the rules for INITIAL ELECTRONIC LICENSE PURCHASES.\

I'm just wondering because I purchased it last night and haven't received a license email yet. So I should probably contact support. No, it's not in my junk folder.
You can either select the M&M3 Beta option as your free game system with your initial purchase or you can obtain it as an add-on if you already have other game systems activated for your license.

Since you say you "purchased it last night", I'm not sure what you purchased last night (the "it" is not clear to me). If you purchased the Hero Lab product last night, you should receive an email with your license number, and then you'll select M&M3 when you activate your license. However, if you already have Hero Lab and purchased M&M3 as an add-on, then you will *not* receive a new licnese number. Instead, you simply need to run the Reactivate License wizard to gain access, and you'll find more details on this within the receipt email you were sent.

The email is sent to the address provided during the purchase process. If it didn't get through, then something is blocking it, such as a spam filter.
rob is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Captain Canuck

Old August 12th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
You can either select the M&M3 Beta option as your free game system with your initial purchase or you can obtain it as an add-on if you already have other game systems activated for your license.

Since you say you "purchased it last night", I'm not sure what you purchased last night (the "it" is not clear to me). If you purchased the Hero Lab product last night, you should receive an email with your license number, and then you'll select M&M3 when you activate your license. However, if you already have Hero Lab and purchased M&M3 as an add-on, then you will *not* receive a new licnese number. Instead, you simply need to run the Reactivate License wizard to gain access, and you'll find more details on this within the receipt email you were sent.

The email is sent to the address provided during the purchase process. If it didn't get through, then something is blocking it, such as a spam filter.
Sorry I wasn't clearer earlier. I already owned HL and just added the beta for 3e. It's been a while since I used it and was unclear as to whether I needed to install it as a new product or an add-on (as in adding ultimate power might be considered an add-on to 2e and a new game system would be considered a new product/license).

I did get the email but it said that for a new product I would get another email (which I obviously did not get.

Everything is fine now. I also didn't realize I just had to reactivate my license and download the HL update with the beta.

So, thanks for the help and, once again, I apologize for the confusion.
Captain Canuck is offline   #16 Reply With Quote