Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Roadie

Old October 28th, 2018, 04:58 PM
I've been on and off trying to put together Dreamscarred Press's Monster Classes content, but one roadblock I keep running into is that each class has a race that requires your first level (but not any other) is in the monster class. Is there a good way to make it so that selecting a race will automatically add one level in the given class as the character's first level, and changing to a different race will then remove that level?
Roadie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old October 30th, 2018, 06:00 AM
Offhand, I'd suggest creating a Mechanic that bootstraps a level of each of those classes, with each bootstrap having a condition of "Race.[raceID]". Not 100% sure if that would work but it's where I would start.
TheIronGolem is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 30th, 2018, 08:01 AM
Bootstraps are always removed when the pick that bootstraps them is removed, so using the standard mechanisms will delete that class level if the user changes the race.

Although I'd be worried about whether class levels can actually be bootstrapped - they were designed to be added by the user, and may not work if they're not manually added.

You may just need to use eval rules and prereqs to complain until the user adds the right class once they've added one of these races.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote