Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

jat470

Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:10 AM
Have a 30th level character I'm attempting to convert over to Pathfinder and this message continually pops up whenever I make any adjustments, and isn't allowing any selections for adding magic levels to Loremaster.

I know the system is designed to cap at 20th level...any suggestions?
jat470 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 22nd, 2011, 05:13 PM
Adding enough magic levels to a character to take them beyond 20 effective levels is not currently supported. I'm sorry that the errror messages aren't more clear about what's going wrong.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jat470

Old May 22nd, 2011, 06:06 PM
Thanks.
jat470 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kfeltenberger

Old May 22nd, 2011, 06:53 PM
Are there plans to allow the 20 level cap to be exceeded or perhaps an option to eliminate it?
kfeltenberger is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old May 23rd, 2011, 04:26 AM
It acrtually the Pathfinder system that limites the cap.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kfeltenberger

Old May 24th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
It acrtually the Pathfinder system that limites the cap.
Right...but is there a way to turn this off in the software? The book does give some guidelines on 21+ level characters but does say they're not truly within the scope of the rules.

I'm not a proponent of this "Epic Level" nonsense, probably because I remember when 21st level and higher was just a higher level with nothing muchkin to go along with it other than a few extra hp and some extra spells. I just want the option to have a character with more than 20 levels.
kfeltenberger is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
chava

Old May 24th, 2011, 07:02 PM
You can make a character that has more than 20 levels without pulling an error in Hero Lab, you just can't have more than 20 levels in a single spellcasting class. For example you can make a Wizard 20/Fighter 20 just fine, and a wizard 15/cleric 15 is all good, but a wizard 15/cleric 15/mystic theuge 6 will have problems.
chava is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
jat470

Old May 29th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfeltenberger View Post
Right...but is there a way to turn this off in the software?
This is all I was looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chava View Post
You can make a character that has more than 20 levels without pulling an error in Hero Lab, you just can't have more than 20 levels in a single spellcasting class. For example you can make a Wizard 20/Fighter 20 just fine, and a wizard 15/cleric 15 is all good, but a wizard 15/cleric 15/mystic theuge 6 will have problems.
This is the problem I ran into. After 20 levels of wizard, I couldn't add more than 1 level of loremaster without getting the error message. I eventually got around it by doing the loremaster levels first, filling in the projected numbers as needed, THEN adding the wizard levels after everything else was set up, but still...there should be some way to turn off this error message, right?
jat470 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 29th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jat470 View Post
This is the problem I ran into. After 20 levels of wizard, I couldn't add more than 1 level of loremaster without getting the error message. I eventually got around it by doing the loremaster levels first, filling in the projected numbers as needed, THEN adding the wizard levels after everything else was set up, but still...there should be some way to turn off this error message, right?
On the Loremaster, delete all the extra magic levels - you'll get the validation that the loremaster is incomplete, but you won't have runtime errors every time you change something.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
jat470

Old May 29th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
On the Loremaster, delete all the extra magic levels - you'll get the validation that the loremaster is incomplete, but you won't have runtime errors every time you change something.
In other words, there's no way to turn off the error message...just get around it. Okay, thanks anyway.
jat470 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote