Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Bjorn Rockfist

Old January 29th, 2011, 06:52 PM
In the v1.4 FAQ for the High Elves it states that the "Speed of Asuryan" does take precidence over the "Strike Last" for Great Weapons. So every High Elf unit with Great Weapons do strike first not last or even at regular Int. The first question in the FAQ says the Army Book does over rule the Rule Book on this. Here is the link to the FAQ:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...Elves_V1_4.pdf
Bjorn Rockfist is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
gkgnight

Old January 30th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn Rockfist View Post
In the v1.4 FAQ for the High Elves it states that the "Speed of Asuryan" does take precidence over the "Strike Last" for Great Weapons. So every High Elf unit with Great Weapons do strike first not last or even at regular Int. The first question in the FAQ says the Army Book does over rule the Rule Book on this. Here is the link to the FAQ:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...Elves_V1_4.pdf
indeed, it shows the always strikes last special rule due to them using great weapons as the rule is attached to the great weapon option. Howver, if you load up or create a new high elf roster a screen pops up that is called "Important notes for high elves"

This is covered in the screen that pops up. In addition the rule is listed in each units profile, in bold... but, i'll add a footnote in addition to this to help eliminate confusion.

Update: I ahve addressed this issue and it will be inlcued in the next update.

Last edited by gkgnight; January 30th, 2011 at 02:22 AM.
gkgnight is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sam_Vimes

Old January 30th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Also, I get a validation error when selecting 3 great eagles for a 2500 point list, but according to the High Elf FAQ, High Elf armies can take 6 duplicate specials and 4 duplicate rares.
Sam_Vimes is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
gkgnight

Old January 30th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Vimes View Post
Also, I get a validation error when selecting 3 great eagles for a 2500 point list, but according to the High Elf FAQ, High Elf armies can take 6 duplicate specials and 4 duplicate rares.
indeed i actually fixed this issue in teh last update but it appears that i failed to save the HE data file when i fixed this update so i msut re-fix it. I'll get to work on this 2morrow to include it in Monday's update.
gkgnight is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sam_Vimes

Old January 30th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Awesome! Thanks a bunch.
Sam_Vimes is offline   #5 Reply With Quote