Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old February 10th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Looking in the tags, there are only three Duplicate tags. each for a specific edge (Professional, Master, Expert). How might I add more? I have some edges that would do well to follow a similar pattern. It does not seem that I can simply add more to a 1st file; HL does not recognize "group" in that context.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old February 10th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Running a search in the source folder, the only things that I found that seemed to reference what I am looking for is the tag.1st file and the actual edges themselves. But the edges do not seem to be able to create the tag by themselves; the object of the "duplicate" seems to be held elsewhere.

It would be mighty convenient if I could put them in the 1st file for my setting as that is a bit easier to share. As I said it does not seem to create the memory object that contains the string for the Duplicate if I try to duplicate how it SEEMS that the Profession, Master, and Expert edges did it.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 11th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Look in the tags.1st file at the "Duplicate" group - does it have the setting dynamic="yes"? If so, then if you just add a tag element to some thing:
Code:
<tag group="Duplicate" tag="Something"/>
Then you've created the tag and can use it. If the tag group doesn't have that setting, then there isn't a way to extend that group.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old February 11th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Unfortunately it is not dynamic. It also appears that there is somewhere else to make it dynamic; it did not work for me by simply adding that part in the 1st file. (I doubted that it would work. but I try anyway just in case).

Thanks anyway, I put on the list of future modifications thread. It should be a simple one at least.

SeeleyOne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 11th, 2014, 03:25 PM
If it wasn't set to be dynamic, there may be a reason for that - don't assume that the code is set up to support any tag added unless the author set that tag group as dynamic. The author may have written things such that there is special handling for each of the tags they added - any other tags added would need similar special handling, which would require modifying the structural scripts.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote