Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

daplunk

Old April 4th, 2017, 08:18 PM
I've worked in IT long enough to know that the trust stops as soon as you touch the internet. Facebook is just another company trawling for information they can sell. Just like all the others companies that I use.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old April 4th, 2017, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
That's unfortunate. I trust social media as much as I can touch it (i.e., not at all), and the recent moves in the US to DECREASE consumer control over their browsing history don't encourage me to take a chance.
Same goes here. I never use facebook, twitter, instagram, whatever. When I still was in professional life I did some linkedin but that's all and more than enough.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old April 5th, 2017, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
That's unfortunate. I trust social media as much as I can touch it (i.e., not at all), and the recent moves in the US to DECREASE consumer control over their browsing history don't encourage me to take a chance.
Agreed....and unfortunate, in this day and age we live why must we call or write to be taken off some "magic list" we never asked to be on in the first place.

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old April 5th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
Agreed....and unfortunate, in this day and age we live why must we call or write to be taken off some "magic list" we never asked to be on in the first place.
I've added you to my list of people who don't want to be on lists. I will send you randomly timed updates, up to five times per day, with a random selection of lists you'll want to make sure you're not on.
EightBitz is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old April 5th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Facebook also has stuff in there EULA which is why i never used it. I used to do a lot of art and facebook will try has tried to claim that they own your images and can resell any pictures etc. you post. A couple of court cases emerged over that. They also have a bad habit of changing the EULA terms without people knowing and doing other things that are wose than being on a list.

Also, if you ever get involved in any type of lawsuit one of the 1st things that the attorney demand is to know your facebook account, twiter, etc. and the will use a court order to get order to get this. The court can even still hit you with a contempt charge even if you don't have a facebook account and you refuse to turn over info for a non-exiting account as they will assume that everyone is using it. This is standard now in just about any major legal case. I was involved in a medal/abuse case that I had to drop do to my health failing and the other attorneys, were doing etc. having enough money to make things drag out so that it would be unable to pursue it and your online information is the 1st thing the attorneys will go after and that is standard now.

Still trying to pursue the criminal aspect of the abuse that occurred, but the civil.

Anyway I don't want to be on lists and the less internet footprint I have the better.

I don't even have internet at my house.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
craghammer

Old April 5th, 2017, 09:34 PM
I believe this thread was about the silence from LWD, not people's anxiety for social media. Keep on topic, or start a new discussion elsewhere
craghammer is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 10th, 2017, 10:35 AM
So, I try not to bug the devs too much because I want them to focus on getting toys into my hands... but I gotta know.

Is there any kind of very loose estimate on delivery of the Kickstarter stuff? Next month? Next two or three months? Next six months?

I'm really itching to get my grubby little hands on Razor Coast...
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old April 11th, 2017, 12:10 AM
Based on previous experience the only valid estimate looks something like Maybe, with some luck, this year. Otherwise, maybe next year.
Prophecies are always difficult. Especially if they are about something in the future.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old April 12th, 2017, 02:58 AM
So... You shalt not know the month, week, day, nor hour of thine update... For only Rob has the power to disclose.
Viking2054 is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old April 15th, 2017, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
So... You shalt not know the month, week, day, nor hour of thine update... For only Rob has the power to disclose.
Yep. As it should be.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #30 Reply With Quote