Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Moonbeam

Old April 19th, 2018, 08:43 PM
I bought Hero Lab to help me create a Pathfinder character because I'm new to the game and thought it would help to have the customizations automated. Because I didn't fully understand all the PF nuances or the way Hero Lab works, it was a while before I realized that all of my dex-based skills were being hit with armor check penalties.

I tried removing encumbrance, removing coin weight, and even ignoring armor check penalty altogether, but the penalties to the skills still remained.

Then I tried creating a brand new character, and realized that even before I selected a class, race, or added any gear, the dex-based skills already showed armor check penalties applied.

What setting am I missing? This is driving me crazy.
Moonbeam is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 20th, 2018, 07:22 AM
If you're showing ACP before adding gear my first thought would be that you set the starting wealth and the coins are weighing you down, but you stated you'd turned off coin weight in the configure hero options.

Whenever you encounter something like this you can submit a bug report (it would help if you included a copy of the portfolio showing with it). The Fogbugz link is in a post stickied above.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old April 20th, 2018, 07:46 AM
throwing a copy of the .por file up here might help let the community troubleshoot the issue too.
Minous is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Moonbeam

Old April 20th, 2018, 05:23 PM
Here's the portfolio of the character I created without any class, race, gear, etc. I removed coin weight, encumbrance, and checked ignore armor check penalty. The skills show the penalty being applied anyway.

Hope someone sees something I don't!
Attached Files
File Type: email Test character.por (38.6 KB, 9 views)
Moonbeam is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old April 20th, 2018, 05:27 PM
I am not seeing anything wrong with that por. Do you perhaps have some custom .user files that might be causing this?
Minous is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Moonbeam

Old April 20th, 2018, 05:29 PM
I don't think so. I'm a total novice at this software. I'm not even sure how I'd go about adding such a custom file.
Moonbeam is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old April 20th, 2018, 05:32 PM
Then lets try an uninstall/reinstall of HL. Go ahead and uninstall Hero Lab, rename "C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab" to "C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab.old" and install HL again.
Minous is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Moonbeam

Old April 20th, 2018, 05:52 PM
Wow. I just did the uninstall/reinstall, without deleting my data. When I opened the new installation, it's still applying the armor check penalty right off the bat. I'm thinking that must mean that something I've done is causing it, although I'm mystified as to what that could be.
Moonbeam is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Globetrotter

Old April 20th, 2018, 06:16 PM
I just opened up your test portfolio and do not find any issues. There is nothing on the portfolio currently, not even a class selected. When I add a class or two and coin weight, still there is no problem.

I am uncertain what to do to help.
Globetrotter is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old April 20th, 2018, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
Wow. I just did the uninstall/reinstall, without deleting my data. When I opened the new installation, it's still applying the armor check penalty right off the bat. I'm thinking that must mean that something I've done is causing it, although I'm mystified as to what that could be.
That is why I told you to rename that directory before reinstalling. That moves any custom changes to a folder that doesn't affect HL.
Minous is offline   #10 Reply With Quote