Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

jrcchicago

Old September 2nd, 2018, 01:15 PM
Is there a way to apply a property rune to armor when it’s equipped? My playtest fighter’s ring of cold resistance (lesser) shows in the Play tab under Energy Resistances as Resistance to Cold 5, but his +3 fire resistant master half-plate does not. The potency rune effect does show up in the AC and saving throw calculations, however.
jrcchicago is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
tahltwo

Old September 6th, 2018, 05:35 AM
dovetail question on applying potency and rune: hand wrap (unarmed attacks)

i figured out how to apply potency to hand wrap, but only expert, master, etc.

how does applying potency +1 etc to hand wrap work, and how does runestone get added to hand wrap?

potency crystal only allow to be moved into weapon container but not fist/unarmed/wrap

Last edited by tahltwo; September 6th, 2018 at 05:54 AM.
tahltwo is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob1bynum

Old September 17th, 2018, 12:53 PM
I want to know this as well, I cannot seem to add Runes to anything.
rob1bynum is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old September 18th, 2018, 06:11 AM
jrcchicago, that's definitely a bug. Did you report it via support@wolflair.com? If not, please do and thank you!

tahltwo, the runes on a hand wrap is a previously-reported bug but I don't know what you're referring to in the last line about the potency crystal. What's a potency crystal?

rob1bynum, do you have any specifics you can share concerning not being able to add runes to anything?

Thanks!

Last edited by Rone; September 18th, 2018 at 08:31 AM.
Rone is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
tahltwo

Old September 19th, 2018, 07:45 AM
@rone — don’t have rulebook currently but potency crystal is a consumable low-level magic item. it functions like the oil of potency but with limit of one-use and expended even on a miss.

update: potency crystal, pg 402, playtest rulebook

Last edited by tahltwo; September 19th, 2018 at 09:52 AM.
tahltwo is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob1bynum

Old September 19th, 2018, 09:48 AM
Rone,

I am primarily concerned about adding a rune to the hand wraps, but I have tried to add runes to a weapon and cannot nor armor. Maybe I am doing something incorrectly?

Thanks.
rob1bynum is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2018, 07:43 AM
tahltwo - the handwraps of mighty fists allow runes and item quality, but I see nothing in their rules that allows them to make use of weapon trinkets.

In the trinket rules on pg. 379, it says that they are affixed "...to armor, a shield, or a weapon..." The handwrap of mighty fists is not a weapon by itself, it is a magic item, and I don't think that the intent is that a chracter's fists or other unarmed strikes by themselves count as a weapon for the purpose of having trinkets attached.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2018, 07:46 AM
rob1bynum, I just tested the following steps and they worked:
Add chain mail
Click on that chain mail to enter its customization form
In the Item Quality table, add Expert
In the Runes table, add "Armor Potency +1"

Could you please provide more information about specifically what items are you adding to what armors, so that I can test out the steps you're using?
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
tahltwo

Old September 21st, 2018, 05:38 AM
@mathias yea that’s the thing about some of the weapon enhancement items is that they don’t consider the monk and his unaramed strike as a weapon. maybe they’ll add more items or creatively allow them to be used with unarmed as weapon.
tahltwo is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old October 3rd, 2018, 09:30 AM
I should mention here as well... we are aware of the missing Rune Table for the Handwraps in question and are working on a fix now.

In the meantime, we do have a workaround from Ryan Furnas in Customer Support that enables them to function as intended.

"Add the Rune of your choice to another Weapon > Once added, Open the Rune from the Rune Table inside the Weapon > In the Rune Description Panel, click the Dropdown Menu to select the Handwraps > click Move

Once this is done, it's basically permanent because the Runes table on the Handwraps is missing, but it functions once equipped and invested. Instead of Upgrading or moving Runes from them you'll need to sell them and start over until we get the problem resolved.

This should enable you to gain the mechanical benefits from the Handwraps, even if it is a bit of extra paperwork and a big hassle to "Upgrade" or modify, as I said we hope to have this fixed soon."
Rone is offline   #10 Reply With Quote