Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

adzling

Old November 15th, 2016, 07:45 AM
FWIW Helmets should be able to take armor modifications (for example Ruthenium Polymers).

Please make the change or describe why you think it's wrong.

thanks
adzling is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 15th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Was this supposed to be a bug report? In which case, why not just report it as a bug?

When you do report this, please expand on what you're saying- why should you have to spend space in a helmet's capacity for things you've already spent space for on the armor? Core Rulebook pg. 438 says "Helmets have Capacity 6 for being tricked out with accessories like trode nets and vision enhancements." so why should they also need to pay for ruthenium polymer, which doesn't seem to fall within "accesories... and vision enhancements" in my opinion.

What's your evidence that helmets should have to pay for these things separately?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old November 15th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Im trying to determine your rational for not including them, hence the question, thanks for providing it.

The quote you note in the core rulebook was before the armor mods were introduced in run and gun, therefore the run and gun rules override the older rules in the core book (specifically the quote you note above).

I see what you're saying but the issue is that helmets/ head gear is often bought separately from the rest of your armor (unless your buying security armor or similar) and consequently there is no way in Herolab to add the armor items that you should be able to add (like ruth poly).

I also understand that the capacity of armor items could be an issue.

I am going to check with the errata team and will provide guidance if there's any change from your current understanding that you outlined above.

thanks
adzling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote