Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Lunacorva

Old January 18th, 2022, 04:22 AM
Okay. So I'm looking to create a mechanic for my game where characters can recieve "Positive Levels" under certain conditions. Basically the reverse of Negative Levels.

So creating those should be easy right? Go into the editor. Copy the "Negative Levels" Adjustment and swap the -'s for +'s

Except...

There are no bootstraps, or Eval scripts or anything that say: "Confer a -x penalty on character."

There's nothing in the middle bar menu on that either. I have NO IDEA how this game calculates how negative levels work. It makes no sense to me.
Lunacorva is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 18th, 2022, 10:04 PM
You could simply make an adjustment that adds the bonuses that Neg levels take away. Look at the Heroism spell adjustment for an example for how to add the bonuses.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lunacorva

Old January 19th, 2022, 08:05 PM
But that's what I'm saying. There's nowhere to add those bonuses. There's nothing in the editor that applies the penalties. No evalscript, no bootstrap, nothing. It's not there.
Lunacorva is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 20th, 2022, 12:09 AM
Don't try to reverse the Negative Level adjustment! (There IS an Eval script, but it looks like that works off a tag we don't have access to.)
Simply build your own 'whatever' that grants bonus to-hit, saves, skill checks, and possibly temp/additional HPs. That's what the reverse of a Negative level would be, and why I suggest Heroism as a source. All those things are easy to add, just put them all together in one form.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote