Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 5th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Code:

component.BaseSave
(Oh, and you can just enter that in the "Custom Expression" option just under "Select From", rather than specifying it as part of the script).

In the script, you can then access the save directly, without having to worry about checking tags or names:

Code:

~if we're not shown yet, just get out now
doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

~if we're not the first copy, just get out now
doneif (tagis[Helper.FirstCopy] = 0)

field[abValue].value += #attrmod[aCHA]

field[livename].text = field[thingname].text & " (" & signed(field[abValue].value & ")"

~if nothing's been selected, there's nothing we can do
doneif (field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 0)

field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[Bonus].value += field[abValue].value
Mathias is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Pezmerga

Old November 5th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Code:

component.BaseSave
(Oh, and you can just enter that in the "Custom Expression" option just under "Select From", rather than specifying it as part of the script).

In the script, you can then access the save directly, without having to worry about checking tags or names:

Code:

~if we're not shown yet, just get out now
doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

~if we're not the first copy, just get out now
doneif (tagis[Helper.FirstCopy] = 0)

field[abValue].value += #attrmod[aCHA]

field[livename].text = field[thingname].text & " (" & signed(field[abValue].value & ")"

~if nothing's been selected, there's nothing we can do
doneif (field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 0)

field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[Bonus].value += field[abValue].value
hmm the only problem is that the selector box wants to show up in the "class tab" and not the "in play tab". Is there a way to get it to show in the "in play tab" only? basically only one save bonus can be applied at once, sort of like a judgement or something for the inquisitor. And it can be changed at will, so clicking back between tabs seems counter-intuitive. Im thinking maybe having 3 options in the in play tab under activated abilities would work, which is how the judgements work, but that seems cluttery for just one spell like ability (not like its a class feature).Thanks for all the help, and sorry If I am being a nuisance with my questions!

edit: I see the Activation #2 box, but no third one so that wont work either since I need 3 save choices.

Last edited by Pezmerga; November 5th, 2010 at 07:37 AM.
Pezmerga is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Pezmerga

Old November 6th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Ok I have Dark One's Own Luck as a Custom Ability. It reads...
You are favored by the dark powers if you have this invocation. You gain a luck bonus equal to your Charisma bonus (if any) on Fortitude saves, Reflex saves, or Will saves (your choice each time you use this ability) for a period of 24 hours. You can’t apply this ability to two different save types at the same time. This bonus can never exceed your class level.

The only real solution I can think of is to Make a Class Special for each of the Saves and have those granted by the Custom ability, but how would I Validate that only one was active at a time? I know the Judgements are somewhat Similar, but they are all Class Specials. Maybe Make Dark One's Own Luck point (Custom Ability) to another Dark One's Own Luck (Class Special) and set it up like the Judgements?
Pezmerga is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 6th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Why not use a Custom Ability instead with an Count of only 1. Then they will be able to select only one of Three Custom abilities. Those three abilities each will be tied to a single save type. Its easy to change and the edit checking is built in as you have it set to only allow one Custom Ability.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Pezmerga

Old November 6th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Why not use a Custom Ability instead with an Count of only 1. Then they will be able to select only one of Three Custom abilities. Those three abilities each will be tied to a single save type. Its easy to change and the edit checking is built in as you have it set to only allow one Custom Ability.
I tried what I stated above and it seems to work well, since it is an at will that can change the save boosted anytime.

Only thing Id like to do now is make Ability Focus work with the Warlocks Invocations and Eldritch Blast.

Im gonna post the updated Class in User data in a minute. I also fixed Charm, I had it as a Least invocation.
Pezmerga is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Pezmerga

Old November 6th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Is there a way to hide abilities in the Class tab? Not that its a huge deal but the way I did Dark One's own luck shows up like this if you select the invocation.

1 Dark One's Own Luck
1 Dark One's Own Luck - Fortitude
1 Dark One's Own Luck - Reflex
1 Dark One's Own Luck - Will
1 Eldritch Blast - 1d6
etc.

It's not a huge deal but it would be nice to hide the individual saves that are tied to the master ability.

Oh and I thought of one more thing....How would I designate a bonus to the saves as a "Luck" bonus? For stacking issues that probably won't come up often , but still .

Heres the code for the reflex option for Dark Own's own luck.

Code:
field[abValue].value = #attrmod[aCHA]

if (field[abValue].value > #levelcount[Warlock]) then
field[abValue].value = #levelcount[Warlock]
endif

field[livename].text = field[thingname].text & " (" & signed(field[abValue].value) & ")"

~only run the rest if we're activated
doneif (field[abilActive].value = 0)

hero.child[svRef].field[Bonus].value += field[abValue].value

~if we're active, tell that to the hero, so we can enforce the
~restriction on the number of save bonuses active at once

perform forward[Custom.DarkLuck]

Last edited by Pezmerga; November 6th, 2010 at 01:08 PM.
Pezmerga is offline   #16 Reply With Quote