Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Dragnmoon

Old October 27th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Ok I am confused... Why did you have to separate the Prestige Award entry from the adventure journal entry? Why not just add the specify faction section to the old version, since that is all I see that is new.
Dragnmoon is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
shieldknight

Old October 27th, 2010, 05:28 PM
From before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Your existing characters do have the Prestige Award Journals table, right? It says "Click to add a new journal entry for prestige awards"? If so, any prestige changes you added before this update will still be on their original journal entries (but I'm afraid they can no longer be modified), and new prestige awards can be put on new prestige journal entries.

I am sorry that the two journals was the best compromise we could come up with for the prestige awards - since a non-PFS character can have an unlimited number of factions, and a single event could cause changes to the prestige awards for any or all of those factions, the prestige award journals are separate, so that users can apply different awards to different factions.
shieldknight is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old October 27th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shieldknight View Post
From before:
Ok, still does not explain why they separated them.

Just add the the Specify Faction to the way it was before, keep it one entry, and if they have more then 1 faction they can add it in again.

Seems like a better idea to have to enter it once for the majority of users that have one faction and if you have 2 factions you add it in twice.

Seems like if they just added it all into one section it would require a lot less input.

Edit: Even with more then one faction they still need to add it in more then once. Non PFS characters can just ignore the EXP and Gold sections.

Last edited by Dragnmoon; October 27th, 2010 at 06:51 PM.
Dragnmoon is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
shieldknight

Old October 27th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I'm not disagareeing with you. I agree actually, and I asked this earlier. But was told what I posted above. My understanding was that a majority of people who use HL for Pathfinder are using it for Society play, but I guess that is incorrect.
shieldknight is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old October 27th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shieldknight View Post
I'm not disagareeing with you. I agree actually, and I asked this earlier. But was told what I posted above. My understanding was that a majority of people who use HL for Pathfinder are using it for Society play, but I guess that is incorrect.

Even if it if it wasn't used by majority for Society play, it seems to me it would be better to keep it the way it was and just add the faction part to it.
Dragnmoon is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
areteas

Old October 27th, 2010, 08:19 PM
-- Whups, wrong thread --

Last edited by areteas; October 28th, 2010 at 08:28 AM.
areteas is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Aldaron

Old October 28th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The default page for statblocks is now print output (it used to be plain text output) - switch to Plain Text (or HTML, BBCode, or Wikitext), and copy should be the left-hand button on the bottom.
I think I'm going blind...come on, admit it. You snuck into my house and replaced the buttons on my statblock dialogs, didn't you!

Thanks for the advice.
Aldaron is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 28th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Version 4.10, fixing the Prestige Journal bug, is now available.
Mathias is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 28th, 2010, 02:39 PM
(branching: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11592)
Mathias is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Vrischika111

Old October 29th, 2010, 04:32 AM
I checked to make custom armor/weapon:
could you add "Contains Leather" ? so they would fit a druid and could be done of dragonhide (for example) or be the target of 'ungent of timlessness'

speaking about 'ungent of timlessness' : it has trkMax=1 (but contains 8 doses / can be used on 8 medium items)
Vrischika111 is offline   #30 Reply With Quote