Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

lowew79

Old September 28th, 2013, 08:50 PM
All this coding stuff is over my head lol. No offense at all, (I can't imagine the amount of work it took to make hero lab), but that's kinda what we are paying the staff for.

Anyway, I was wondering if it was possible to just add the beast shape spells as a spell adjustment. with maybe a drop down menu to select the form?

Sorry if I sound curt, but I was really hoping hero lab would take the "pain" out of wild shape for me :-( I guess will try to decipher this coding stuff.
lowew79 is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 28th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowew79 View Post
add the beast shape spells as a spell adjustment. with maybe a drop down menu to select the form?
They (HL Staff) have been working on something like this for over a year now. It is harder than it sounds.

I've looked at doing this and instead I just implement each form I take as a one-off adjustment. I've not released them as they are very specialized and make use of custom code that I have changed to the base system.

In short, it is hard to do.
risner is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 29th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Yep in total agreement with risner that its not that easy actually and when HL does fix it hopefully it will fix all the polymorpth spell affects at the same time.

You may also wish to take at look at my adjustments addon. Its not specifically made for Wildshape but it does have allot of adjustments that allow one to add "natural" attacks to a character. You may find just setting up a bunch of adjustments to turn on/off useful.

Update: my gaming addon now has Beast Shape spell adjustments.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; December 14th, 2014 at 10:06 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Adunaphel

Old December 14th, 2014, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowew79 View Post
All this coding stuff is over my head lol. No offense at all, (I can't imagine the amount of work it took to make hero lab), but that's kinda what we are paying the staff for.
I was searching for a solution to the wild shape ability, too and to be true I do not have the time nor the patience to use the editor with the more than absolutely basic functions.
As wild shaping is a basic function of a core class I really consider this a core requirement of a software solution and would be glad if HL will support this soon. The missing implementation is clearly not a missing feature but a bug.

But I do not want to sound too harsh, so any official workaround is welcome, e.g. automated excel-export and a excel-file with predefined animals.

There will be some months before my druid hits level four , so I trust on the developers.

Adu
Adunaphel is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 14th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adunaphel View Post
I was searching for a solution to the wild shape ability, too and to be true I do not have the time nor the patience to use the editor with the more than absolutely basic functions.
As wild shaping is a basic function of a core class I really consider this a core requirement of a software solution and would be glad if HL will support this soon. The missing implementation is clearly not a missing feature but a bug.

But I do not want to sound too harsh, so any official workaround is welcome, e.g. automated excel-export and a excel-file with predefined animals.

There will be some months before my druid hits level four , so I trust on the developers.

Adu
My gaming addon has fully working beast shape spell adjustments now. Why it's not really good to go with threads a year old as fact. Allot happens here in a year.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #35 Reply With Quote