Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Anachronaut

Old April 30th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzyHeel View Post
I downloaded the Mac Beta today on to a G5 Mac Pro OSX 10.6.8 system. It was a non starter. The application installs and loads but immediately displays a Hero Lab error message
"Unexpected error creating font 'editscript': 0000044c"
The some of the menus drop down are greyed out and they are all inactive. The program doesn't Quit on Apple +Q or menu Quit. I can Force Quit but the Application doesn't show as "Not responding". Only a Restart got me out.

Anything I can try to get it running properly?
MacBook Pro on OSX Lion, also getting an "Unexpected error creating font 'title': 0000044c" and then the program just completely crashes and refuses to open. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue.

I do have a decent amount of 3rd party fonts on my computer, maybe the one you use for "title" has been replaced?
Anachronaut is offline   #191 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:28 PM
We rely on the standard set of fonts that are installed on all Macs by Apple. If you're getting that error, make sure you have the "Arial" font installed - if not, you'll need to replace it for Hero Lab to work.

AFAIK there's no way for one font to "replace" another - to get this error, the original font must have been removed. Did you maybe run a third-party font manager application that removed it?
Colen is offline   #192 Reply With Quote
tahltwo

Old August 7th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by egg_green View Post
Last night I had an issue with a tooltip getting "stuck". The tooltip would not go away, even if I clicked on it or something else. Hero Lab itself was completely unresponsive; I could not switch tabs or anything. Hovering/clicking on icons that should have had other tooltips did not help.
was this issue resolved?

i am currently on v4.0b#315 (mac osx 10.7.4) and it is practically unusable due to this issue. i have to force quit and reboot every time.
tahltwo is offline   #193 Reply With Quote