Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

joepacelli

Old March 21st, 2016, 07:29 AM
Is there a tentative Date to the launching of the Content Market?

I was reading so older things and found an interview with Liz in which she stated "The Content Market should be available to users in late 2014."

I believe this is from March timeframe in 2014.

I can understand delays but when people back a project and are waiting a certain feature but 2 years is a long time.
joepacelli is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old March 21st, 2016, 07:38 AM
Not going to happen until they're ready. LWD have experienced a lot of backlash from even tentative release periods that slid, and the general consensus from customers was "don't do that".

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old March 21st, 2016, 09:58 AM
It is a stupidly ridiculous amount of time. But it is what it is. RW is a complex beast and LWD is a small but dedicated team.
AEIOU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old March 21st, 2016, 10:26 AM
I'm a Software engineer myself and I can understand timelines slipping. The last team I was on had 6 developers, 3 QA and we did Agile of 2 week sprints.
I did both C# and SQL Server and we've delivered some very complex stuff in less than 2 years.

I am now a contractor and been in this company for just over 6 months and this project is a greenfield project consisting of only myself and 1 other developer and we've build a DB and application within the past 6 months.

As a Software Engineer we know our limits and abilities and don't commit to things we know we can't complete.

Saying that the Content Market was going to be available by end of 2014 and missing the mark and slipping by a few months is understandable. But slipping over 1 year with not even any tentative date....

I myself want to see this succeed. I'm waiting patiently for the Content Market so I can see what it holds before I make my initial purchase of RW.
joepacelli is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Tharmiones

Old March 21st, 2016, 01:11 PM
Actually based on the Kickstarter the whole feature set which would include the Content market functionality to share was originally planned for may 2013 for some backer levels. While I fully understand the delay for the first release and that it would not be available all at once. It's somehow getting ridiculous about the delay currently.

Especially as the "Spotlight" series was and still is mentioned as "This weekly update will outline the Content market release plan." Somehow from december 19th up to now only 8 "Spotlights" have been posted and sorry to say but the first 5 had nothing to do with the content market but did just repeat things that where in the Gencon Videos of the last two years already, only "week 6" did contain actually useful information about the content market, yet hardly anything that does outline anything like a "release plan". It's fine and also advertised as previewing key RW features, however there is hardly anything NEW information.

Sorry but some are customers that payed already for the product whose one of the main features was delayed and delayed again with little to no word when it will be actually available. Small company or not this is getting hard to swallow.
Tharmiones is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old March 22nd, 2016, 05:11 AM
At this point the mounting frustration is less about missing a release date by a few months and more about the enormity of the time lapse. Even the "it's coming soon" line has become a joke. I certainly understand the frustration and share it. However, the bottom line is that the majority of us are going to continue supporting this product regardless of the delays. I now depend upon RW a great deal and unless stability problems again rise up, I can't imagine jumping ship. If RW announced tomorrow that the content market was still 3 years away, I would be upset and I would protest, but I would still use RW. The LWD team has created a solid product and should be commended, but those that complain about the lack of features promised in the KS have a right to complain.
meek75 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old March 22nd, 2016, 07:43 AM
I'm pretty sure its beyond frustrating as well for LWD too. Had they hit their mark in 2013, they would have had 3 years of revenues which they were undoubtedly relying on. I'm going to politely keep reminding them but I totally agree with meek75 that RW is very useful today and that the functionality we all want (and from LWD's financial perspective, absolutely need) will only make it more so.
AEIOU is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old March 24th, 2016, 11:37 AM
I just concentrate on getting my stuff entered and stopped, for the most part, waiting for the other features. I figure it'll get here when it gets here and fussing isn't going to make it happen sooner. I admit, however, that each time I start RW I check for updates with fingers and toes crossed. I'm going to blame it on being a beta tester who experienced a lot of updates. LOL
ruhar is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old March 24th, 2016, 12:28 PM
I'm one of the beta testers, feel free to use me as a scapegoat.

The lack of the content market is my fault, and my fault alone.

I was lackadaisical in my duties, and have caused no end of grief for the greatness that is LWD.

I'm sorry.

Boomer

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old March 24th, 2016, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerET View Post
I'm one of the beta testers, feel free to use me as a scapegoat.

The lack of the content market is my fault, and my fault alone.

I was lackadaisical in my duties, and have caused no end of grief for the greatness that is LWD.

I'm sorry.

Boomer
That's just great. I admitted I was a beta tester then you come along and tell everyone to blame you because you were one of the beta testers. Now everyone is going to blame ALL beta testers. Reminds me of an adventure where my fellow players started yelling "Thief!" and pointing at me so they wouldn't get arrested. Thanks a lot buddy. You better watch your back now because I won't be there to watch it.

LOL
ruhar is offline   #10 Reply With Quote